Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've never used a AIO type cooler setup before, but have always used highend watercooling since the late 90's, so watercooling is nothing new for me.... with that all said, im interested in peoples' opinions on the corsair link software. Im not the type of user that likes programs running in the background if i can help it, and dont much care about changing colors of the corsair symbol, and dont care about fan speed settings. do i need to install this software then? id be happy with fans at 100% all the time if possible OR is the software pretty neat and useful? inpouot please... thank you very much

**Edit, i got this cooler for about 54$ so i couldnt pass this deal up.... figured it would be a little better then a aircooler...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Software stinks, I run mine totally without it. Seems to run on the "middle" fan setting but think its dynamic.

It doesn't install properly on Windows 8/8.1 and its pretty ugly.

·
Overclocker
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillychuck View Post

Software stinks, I run mine totally without it. Seems to run on the "middle" fan setting but think its dynamic.

Running the software on win 8.1 x64 without any problems?
Only thing i had to do is change 3 reg keys from 1 to 0 and never looked back.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoW View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillychuck View Post

Running the software on win 8.1 x64 without any problems?
Only thing i had to do is change 3 reg keys from 1 to 0 and never looked back.
Sorry, I don't consider having to use regedit to fix software proper. They've had multiple versions since 8.1 came out, whats the issue with them?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyway to force 100% pump and fan speeds without the software?

·
Overclocker
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newls1 View Post

Mobo software or bios?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have had to change registry codes and now having problems with the LEDs staying the color I set them to. I have the LEDs set to red, but whenever I start up my rig the lights are always pink, until I open Link and change them back to red. Not that big of a problem, but is a hassle to do every time I start up

• Rep+
Reactions: agawthrop

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newls1 View Post

AFAIK the pump runs full speed all the time. The fans included with the H100i are PWM so you can connect the fans to your motherboard (instead of the pump block) and get your motherboard to control the PWM cycle. If you want to have them run full blast all the time, then just set them like that in the BIOS. On the other hand you can have the board ramp the speed up and down with your CPU temps. It's up to you how you want to set it up.
smile.gif

edit: ninja'd by MojoW

• Rep+
Reactions: newls1

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all, makes perfect sense... glad i dont have to install yet another app that will run in background!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts