Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be easier to install it to the cpu before, or after i mount the motherboard? i have the haf932 so putting it on the cpu after mounting it might not be a problem.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You have to install the back plate before you can install the mobo. You install the cooler on the CPU after. Just did it two weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I find it easier to mount the block to the CPU before putting the motherboard in the case. I just let the radiator rest on something as I mount the motherboard.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I didn't mean to imply you couldn't install the block before putting the mobo in, sorry. You could always cut out the back plate CPU hole and then you can install everything after you out the mobo in. Doesn't take much cutting. I just did the bracket first because it really takes a thrid hand to mount the block. Veblen did it but I asked for help. Got my wife involved and we spent good family time together, although she didn't see it that way. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Have the H50 on a EVGA X58 MB and a HAF922 case. I was able to relatively easily put the backplace on even after I put the MB in the case. I then just lightly put the cage (that holds the pump/block in place) on. Then having someone hold the backplate it place, I put the pump/block in the cage (without touching the cpu), twisted it slightly, and pushed it into place. Holding it, I tightened the screws down, first finger tight on all 4, and then screwdriver tight. Worked pretty well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts