Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

The Corsair Hydro Series H60 is a fantastic choice for cooling. With a new micro-channel cold plate and a split-flow designed manifold, the H60 brings remarkable new technologies to an affordable price point. If that weren’t enough, the H60 also features an all-new fan, custom designed to offer enhanced static pressure, which means better cooling.

http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro...eries-h60.html

its official folks
specs are on corsair's updated site now
on the other hand, back on topic, the new waterblock looks funky, but what i really don't get is how this fits into the current market of the H50 and H70 considering they are >$20 of each other

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Not sure I like the the block...but it seems like maybe it'll provide as good as performance as a H50 w/ Push/Pull fans?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I dont understand why they would attach the tubes to the right side of the block seeing as most people attach the rad to the back exhaust fan of the case

·
Banned
9 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPriest
View Post

I dont understand why they would attach the tubes to the right side of the block seeing as most people attach the rad to the back exhaust fan of the case

It won't make a difference what way round the block is placed like the current h50/70.

Like you can have the tubes towards the top of the case or farer down the board on the h50 seen as it rotates as you lock it in.

I imagine this been a solid square block that it can just be placed in any orientation.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spectator
View Post

any ideas on when it'll be available to purchase? Clicked the "buy now" button on that site but it just says "no retailers found"...

March I believe is what Corsair has said... there was a Hardware rep that posed in the Water cooling section...

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco19;11924145
They make it sound as if it's better than the H70, and could it be?
Another mediocre cooler from Corsair.

The block and fans aren't the problem with the H50/70-it is the crap pump and radiator.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
It looks to combine the low profile pump housing (and tubing style, etc) of the h70 with the 50mm radiator of the h50. It looks like the block base has more surface area as well. It should be interesting
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Did anyone NOT notice, they have done away with that PITA mounting ring? Looks from the pics like the block is one piece now. I own 2 h50's and a h70, and the mounting ring idea was terrible.

+1 to Corsair for fixing the obvious.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzer76;11924611
Did anyone NOT notice, they have done away with that PITA mounting ring? Looks from the pics like the block is one piece now. I own 2 h50's and a h70, and the mounting ring idea was terrible.

+1 to Corsair for fixing the obvious.
Agreed, but it really wasn't that annoying.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka;11924161
Another mediocre cooler from Corsair.

The block and fans aren't the problem with the H50/70-it is the crap pump and radiator.
I hope your not comparing it to your custom loop that took more time and money to setup.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRush;11924656
I found it a little annoying, mainly the first time around. After the second remount I found a trick to make it easy on me.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRush;11924656
Compared to other coolers, or even waterblocks for that matter, i found it just annoying. I used electrical tape to hold it on while i mounted the pump, and pulled it off after the install. And of course, there were times where i would mount it and find that the ring wasn't in its groove...gaaarrrrrhhh! Watercooled, air cooled, somewhere in between, whateva! I still love these coolers.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris;11924682
I hope your not comparing it to your custom loop that took more time and money to setup.
rolleyes.gif
For the cost of the H70 and better fans-you can buy a RASA kit that will outcool the Corsair by 10C or so. The Corsair Hydro units only make any kind of sense when space around the VRM is at a steep premium and there's no room for better performing cheaper air coolers.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts