Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the double sided tape as instructed and now that I want to change my motherboard it is really stuck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
780 Posts
i've been able to get a flathead wedged between adhesive tape and a backplate more than once.. wriggle it around gently and eventually it'll loosen up without carving up the mobo in the process. more of a last resort than anything else, though.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
What do you mean by "really stuck"?

Does it budge at all when you try and move it? I would just pull back on the top of the backplate with a constant force, and wait. Sometimes the glue will slowly weaken and break.

If you can't get it off with with force alone (or fear breaking your motherboard) get a cleaning solvent designed to remove sticker residue from plastics. This way the solvent won't damage the motherboard and will allow you to remove the backplate rather easily.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
You have to literary rip it off, the tape companies use to hold the back plate is really strong.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to tear it off using a combination of a tape rope and arctic cleaner thermal material remover. Now there's a bunch of cleaning to do.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Ya thats what I had to go through when I replace my TRUE Black to H50 and now to my current CPU cooling. I dont even bother cleaning it off, I just stamp my new back plate over the left overs from previous back plates..

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkSterr View Post
Ya thats what I had to go through when I replace my TRUE Black to H50 and now to my current CPU cooling. I dont even bother cleaning it off, I just stamp my new back plate over the left overs from previous back plates..
I couldn't do that, I'd be like "something is not right..."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts