Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As some of you may saw my older posts, I was not satistified with my H70 and I always had the fight between silence and performance that leaded me to do some modding on my H70.

I just finished the mod a few hours ago, I will write a full guide during my free time in the comming week, but anyway I wanted to share some photos and results!

Link to the full guide:

http://www.electronicspub.com/articl...rsair-H70.html

My setup is:

Core i7 930
ASRock X58 Extreme3
Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600 CL7
Corsair H70 cpu cooler
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

Push/pull config and fans set to 1200RPM at all time.

BEFOR MODDING

AFTER MODDING

Things used for modding:
- 6mm ID 8mm OD high quality hose (1.7 meter)
- Swiftech MCRES rev2
- Pressure fitting G1/4 to make reservoir ready to attach 6mm ID tube
- Fesser One ultra pure water
- Swiftech HydrX anti corr
- Arctic Cooling MX3

Some pictures
Before mod

After mod

I spend totaly 40 Euro for this mod and I am pretty happy with the result, 10 to 15 degrees C cooler than stock H70, Allowing for extra 400MHz OC for CPU also the fans stay more silent than before while extremely loaded. During gaming and other stuff they just stay at 900rpm!

The guide will come soon, Although must of people here does not need any guides to be honest

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick7269 View Post
So the only thing you really changed was adding a res?
Well kind of YES

No lapping and stuff... I beleive there were tons of air in stock H70 also, don't know if all of them are like this.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saeid View Post
Well kind of YES

No lapping and stuff... I beleive there were tons of air in stock H70 also, don't know if all of them are like this.
Ahhh, well if there was a lot of air in it, that would make a big difference.

Congrats, Nice mod.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
That's a nice mod, grats on the upgraded temps

On a side note, is the H70 really that terrible? I get better temps in my sig rig on my $20 Hyper 212+..I would think the H70 would have stepped up their game.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah View Post

On a side note, is the H70 really that terrible? I get better temps in my sig rig on my $20 Hyper 212+..I would think the H70 would have stepped up their game.
Well yeah atleast for me it was just not good at all and very load with stock fans, I wish I never did buy this thing. atleast it is now working better... but I will get a real pump and cpu block as soon as I get money

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by alayoubi View Post
Good job

But too long pipes , try putting the Rad in the Case's Rear Fan place Or like before in the top .

I think its over load on the pump and changing rad place will give it a fresh air .
Yeah I agree
I was not so exact when it came to measuring needed pipes so I ended up with long ones

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
i dont understand why people post such big pictures....

·
1689 Federalist
11,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean W.
View Post

i dont understand why people post such big pictures....

because they dont feel like resizing, the site does that anyway so what does it matter???

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah View Post

Those temperatures at stock look way too high for an h70, something isn't right. With a 3.5 Ghz overclock on my i7 920 C0, I maxed out at 61c.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i thought having 70-75celcius max load (prime 95 17hours) temp on my stock h70 push and pull clock at 4.0Ghz 1.244v (HT enabled) is already too hot.. so i guess something is wrong with ur setup maybe try reseating the cooler?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trademark
View Post

i thought having 70-75celcius max load (prime 95 17hours) temp on my stock h70 push and pull clock at 4.0Ghz 1.244v (HT enabled) is already too hot.. so i guess something is wrong with ur setup maybe try reseating the cooler?

I tried reseating countless time, I am thinking maybe my i7 930 is from a hot batch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts