Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My home theater pc AIO went bad last week. It's a simple build that stay ON 24/7 ,i already replaced the unit with a new one. My question 3.5 years 24/7 it's a good life span for this AIO?

Asus prime 270-A
Corsair vegeance LPX 16gb
i7-7700k @ 4.6
corsair h80i v2
asus RTX 2080 dual fan v2
Samsung 55" 4k TV

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, My home theater pc AIO went bad last week. It's a simple build that stay ON 24/7 ,i already replaced the unit with a new one. My question 3.5 years 24/7 it's a good life span for this AIO?

Asus prime 270-A
Corsair vegeance LPX 16gb
i7-7700k @ 4.6
corsair h80i v2
asus RTX 2080 dual fan v2
Yes, it is.
If the pump didn't go bad, you can still refill the cooling system. Even though you can do this, why not get a cheap air cooler? I'm still using a Noctua Nh-D14, that is, since 6 or 7 years ago.

·
Overclocker
11,356 Posts
Absolutely not. This is the thing they don't want customers to know, these AIO/CLC cheap water cooling premade units are more of a use once for one machine's "acceptable" use time before you upgrade again and have to buy another AIO/CLC for it. You get a few years out of these and then it's bye bye out of warranty and up to you to either discard the waste or refurbish them.

They are sort of a lazy way to water cooling.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i put together the pc, it was for the look of have a radiator in the pc. I tried my old hyper evo 212, waiting for the new unit and i can see the difference in temps, especially if the a/c is off.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,181 Posts
15.5 years? :eek:

I've only ever owned two AIOs, the first one lasted ~ 5-6 years before I sold it and I have no idea when it died, I'm still using the second one and I got it in 2018.

H80 has a 5 year warranty so surely it's not designed to fail before then ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, i'm in the search for a good air cooler or a custom water loop (now it's reliability, forget looks) you won't see it with the side panel on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
15.5 years? :eek:

I've only ever owned two AIOs, the first one lasted ~ 5-6 years before I sold it and I have no idea when it died, I'm still using the second one and I got it in 2018.

H80 has a 5 year warranty so surely it's not designed to fail before then ;)[/QUOTE

Corsair is giving me the Covid-19 understand for a month, when i have already the ticket number and submit all the numbers and papers they request.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts