Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I got the 3-pack, and an extra LL120 rgb fan this weekend to put in my system. However, after connecting all the fans to the lighting node pro it came with, only two of the fans light up. ports 1 and 2 work with lights, and the rest of the ports don't make the fans light up.

All fans work with lights just not when connected to anything above port 2. I assume this is because the lighting node pro, the 3-pack RGB fans came with, is crap? I have not installed corsair link yet, but I figured these fans would at least light up like two of them already are.

Any help?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've had similar problems with those fans, and the way I fixed it was by using Link to "activate" all of the fans available in the software, even though I only had three.

You could also have a bad Node, try to make sure you're connected to only one channel.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had similar problems with those fans, and the way I fixed it was by using Link to "activate" all of the fans available in the software, even though I only had three.

You could also have a bad Node, try to make sure you're connected to only one channel.
When you say one channel what exactly do you mean? I was also thinking the RGB fan controller it came with may be crap too.

And yeah I will install Corsair Link tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
819 Posts
One channel of the Node, the Node should have two input sections, unless they've changed it since I got it. The one I had for LED strips featured a dead channel, so it would only work on Channel 1 and I had to run all the strips with the same effect. Corsair's QA isn't really great about this stuff, shockingly.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One channel of the Node, the Node should have two input sections, unless they've changed it since I got it. The one I had for LED strips featured a dead channel, so it would only work on Channel 1 and I had to run all the strips with the same effect. Corsair's QA isn't really great about this stuff, shockingly.
Got it. yes, CORSSAIR link made the fans work!

I wanted to get the RGB strips next. Do I need another lighting node pro, or can I use the 2nd channel on the lighting node pro? I am using the first channel for the fans, obviously. I think you answered this question in your previous response, but I wanted to double check.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey man, random question. If I were to remove the rgb strips from where they are right now, do you think they would still stick or do you think it's a one time stick and the glue/adhesive will come off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts