Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a corsair ll120 fan, and would like to plug it in to my Gigabyte Z390 Rgb header, but think i have to change the wireing on the fan rgb.

Anyone with any advice on this?

· Registered
197 Posts
hi, I found all ARGB work the same, it is just the plugs that are different, and it is really easy to put the corsair onto the motherboard.
The middle pin is the data pin, on corsair stuff it is on the 3rd pin, for motherboard it needs to be on the 2nd pin. pin 1 is 5v and pin 4 is ground on both.
also works the other way around, you can make anything argb work on corsair controllers, the plug they use is the old cdrom analog audio plug.
The wire on the corsair that is not being used it data out, used for daisy chaining but interestingly on the Commander XT controller, the pin is not connected and I have not seen any sort of daisy chaining options either so not sure why they bothered with the 4th wire. You only need to use 3 to make it work 100% correctly.
Font Line Parallel Rectangle Number

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was just what I was looking for, thank you :cool: Now to make a cable or just swap the pins around.

• Rep+
Reactions: Tom5051
1 - 3 of 3 Posts