Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this mouse yesterday after a long waiting for availability. I bought this mouse because of the 3310 Sensor with 5000dpi (nativ setting for this sensor).

compare to a R.A.T above the M45 and among them the RAT

off center sensor about 5mm 3/16"

2500 is not correct, after I installed the software the 2nd dpi step is 2400.

Comparison images:

Size and weight:
without any weights, closures and cable 90gr approximately 96-98gr.
72 x 39 x 120 mm (W x H x L)

I do the tests with original FW, without software installed. Just plugged it in.

Accerlation:
I could not find any accerlation in paint tests.

Jitter and prediction:
for your assessment in the paint pics.

LOD:
with two CD's I no movement anymore.
(after I install the software you could pic out of 5 steps in scan hight; but the lowest is not lower than default - imo)

Perfect control speed:
I did test for the 2 other default dpi steps (2400, 5000) and I never get less than4,5m/s.

Subjective opinion:

The sensor performs very good in a 3,5 h BFBC2 session. Although the shape is not 100% for me, me and the mouse performs very well.
Feeling nothing bad at all. No moment of thinking the sensor did something I do not want.

Shape is not bad, but because the left side is a little higher the right mousebutto is to short for my palm grip.
The middle from the last part of my middlefinger is above the right mousebutton. I try to show this in the compare pics to the R.A.T. (RAT feels better)

The side material is a little rought and I like it for the good grip. The upper material is to slippery imo. Both traces susceptible (fingertips) very godd.

Without weight and closures the mouse feels a little front heavy.

Mousewheel is good; louder in upscrolling and dull (not negative). Steps are good to feel. Can make it clack only, if I pic the mouse up and shake it as fast as I can.
No clack for speed swings on the pad.

I dig not deep in the software but you could save your settings onboard. DPI steps of 50-5000 in 50.

The mousebutton 1 and 2 I really really like. Light, short in travel with a crystel clear not to loud click. Very good imo.
The sidebutton are a little too small, have a little to much travel and a little too much wobble. But still good enough for sidebuttons and good too reach. Mousewheel button is too heavy for me. Need to much pressure.
Doubt I could use it ingame without anger.

Later, I will open the shell check the pcb and more....
For shure this is my next modding base to put it in "my" Dell shell.

Hope you like my first review here. If you miss something, make a request here. I will see, what I can do for you.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am really digging the 3310 sensor and can't see myself going back to a 3090 mouse. Hopefully the number of mice using it will increase over the year since none of the exisitng ones (Rival, Mionix 7000s, Corsair M45) does it for me in terms of shape and weight (Steelseries give me a Sensei using the 3310 now!).

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm more surprised anyone still plays BC2 than anything concerned with this mouse...

That being said, the new sensor on this...what's the deal? I'm using a Deathadder 2013 with a 3988 and I love it. I've owned a Black Edition with the 3888 (I believe) and prefered an Avago 9500 over that (although, it could have something to do with the DA2013 being significantly more ergonomically friendly to the hand than the DABE). How does the 3310 compare?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G400 vs. M45
I own some G400 V2 and I was overall happy with ther performance.
Shapewise I would choose the M45, I really hat the embedded mousebuttons 1 and 2. If only the 2nd mousebutton would be 1cm longer....
Maybe I could take some comparative pics later.

DA2013 vs. M45
I never owned a DA2013. Because the sensor have not a good reputation, from what I read here.
I use a DA 1800dpi very long. And I modded a DA 1800 dpi in "my" dell shell mouse and used it the last month with joy.
Shapewise I would choose the M45, because I don't like it, if the highest point of the shell is in the middle of the mouse. I prefer the highest point in the back of the mouse.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The Avago 9500 is known for inconsistent acceleration, the S3988 is plagued by excessive smoothing - much worse than the predecessor S3888.
3310 has none of these issues at least till 5000 cpi.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeSA View Post

G400 vs. M45
I own some G400 V2 and I was overall happy with ther performance.
Shapewise I would choose the M45, I really hat the embedded mousebuttons 1 and 2. If only the 2nd mousebutton would be 1cm longer....
Maybe I could take some comparative pics later.

DA2013 vs. M45
I never owned a DA2013. Because the sensor have not a good reputation, from what I read here.
I use a DA 1800dpi very long. And I modded a DA 1800 dpi in "my" dell shell mouse and used it the last month with joy.
Shapewise I would choose the M45, because I don't like it, if the highest point of the shell is in the middle of the mouse. I prefer the highest point in the back of the mouse.
Thanks that would be great.

Which sensor has the G400s? I read sometimes about some problems with newer logitech mices. My G400 is doing still very well but I look always for some new mices. The M45 seems to be a great choice in comparison to the s refresh.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
added pics. The G400s uses a variant from A3090 (S3095) with 4000dpi rom. Some people think that the A3090/S3095 with 3500dpi rom is better than the variant with 4000dpi roms.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The 4000 cpi Rom the G400s runs is for a lot a step back from the 3600 cpi G400 version since it comes with noticeable smoothing.
Overall the G400 felt snappier to me in comparison. Also the build quality isn't outstanding, the coating they have added makes it feel cheaper than the G400.

My recommendation is to wait and see if Logitech upgrades the 400 second half of the year or to look for a similar offer from another manufacturer preferably carrying the 3310 sensor.
Not sure about Logitech though since they posted losses for some time now. As the world's biggest manufacturer of PC accessory they took quiet some hits from the overall decline of PC sales.
If I remember correctly they've decided to focus more on tablet accessory and might not overhaul their (gaming) mice assortment anytime soon.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Definitely on my must buy and try out.

Thanks OP for the pics comparing it to the other mice. That's extremely helpful. Most average gamers don't realize the wide span of mouse sizes available. Not just length but height and width which can be a serious factor in not liking a mouse.

Now my only concern is when is it going to be available in the U.S. and am I going to be happy with the middle mouse button. I've read two reviews now where its mentioned its a little bit hard to press compared to other mice.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I nearly palm (fingertip) it, but my right middlefinger overlaps the right mouse button a little bit - as shown. Claw grip should be even better.
I have some exchange with a M40 (same shell) user (different forum) who is a happy claw gipper.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornedbeefy View Post

I'm assuming this can be easily clawed grip but would also appreciate some confirmation.
Quote:

I nearly palm (fingertip) it, but my right middlefinger overlaps the right mouse button a little bit - as shown. Claw grip should be even better.
I have some exchange with a M40 (same shell) user (different forum) who is a happy claw gipper.
This mouse is for Claw grip
Thx

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
If I didn't already say it, very nice review man, you covered pretty much everything we need to know. Good solid mouse, I'm a fingertip so idk if it would work best for me though like the Avior does.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:

Comparison images:

Wow, these pics really show how big it is. I thought it would be very small since I was judging its size from the scroll wheel but it turns out that the scroll wheel is just HUGE. Any chance for a G9 comparison?

Also how big is the gap between the third and fourth finger when you hold it? I'm using the sensei right now and the sides of the mouse flare up at the top and it forces my fourth finger into a very uncomfortable angle.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts