Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ax1200i that supposedly has a 10 year warranty.
It died on me a few days ago after about 2 years.

I called customer support and set up an rma ticket and today received this email in response -

Hello Chirs,

Thank you for providing that information. I looked into whether or not we have any AX1200i PSUs and we currently do not have that PSU in stock at this time.
I also went ahead and checked if we had any alternatives that we can offer, and unfortunately we are also out of stock on those power supplies as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I cannot provide you with a replacement at this time. We also do not have an estimated time for Restock of these items.
Thank you for choosing Corsair.

Dont have any of your psu, dont have any other PSU's, will not be replacing. Do not have estimated time for restock.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING CORSAIR -

I have a paper weight for a computer now because I don't have a PSU.

Just eat the 400$ I spent on this PSU and go out and buy another one is corsairs answer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can you demand a refund? At least you can then go and buy some other PSU brand. Glad I moved from Corsair to Seasonic.

• Rep+
Reactions: MSC7

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
That sucks. Don’t even ask for a refund because prices are too high. I would call them and try to get a hold of a manager. They should give you a 1600 if they don’t have a 1200.

• Rep+
Reactions: MSC7

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I just don't understand why he didn't say that he would keep you on a list so that as soon as stock replenishes they would send you a new one.

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
Yeah thats awful so where do we go to, to get some traction about this issue? Gamers Nexus?

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
That's not how customer service is supposed to work. Call again and get another rep. If the same outcome, complain for a higher up...this treatment is ridiculous for such a profitable company.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mr.N00bLaR

·
Registered
715 Posts
Everything sounded within reason until the "no restock date and no promises" part. At minimum, you need to push them for clear time frame on what they will do if they do not get re-stock by a specified date.

Sounds to me like you got some rookie rep. Ping them again and I'll be surprised if you don't get a more reasonable response.

I've had some crap RMA experiences in the past, too, but persistence always paid off.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,062 Posts
That is pretty shocking (no pun intended). I would demand a full refund. Good luck.

·
More Cores!
1,299 Posts
Contact them again, move this stuff up the chain. Ask for contact info for management. Make a stink on social media.

·
Premium Member
20,325 Posts
Contact them again, move this stuff up the chain. Ask for contact info for management. Make a stink on social media.
this

·
Old and Crochity
5,268 Posts
I moved away from corsair last year after they wouldn't replace a mouse that was under 6 months old that had the nasty double clicking issue (mouse sensor is bad has happened on 3 different corsair mice) I used to swear by their products but ever since they were bought in 2017 their quality has gone to ****. They used to be a professional hardware company, now it's gamerz. I was a gamer that liked professional hardware. I've moved on from them, it's sad because they were so great.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,991 Posts
That's a bad customer service rep. Keep trying. Don't accept low-effort responses like this. If you get another low-effort response, ask to talk to the manager but be cool, don't be unpleasant about it. After all, these are just lowly grunts trying to get a paycheck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate the support lol. I'm fuming about this. I'll try again tomorrow. I posted this on Tom's forum and got 3 shills telling me its fine they didnt do anything wrong. Made me even more irrationally angry lol.

·
Facepalm
9,883 Posts
I moved away from corsair last year after they wouldn't replace a mouse that was under 6 months old that had the nasty double clicking issue (mouse sensor is bad has happened on 3 different corsair mice) I used to swear by their products but ever since they were bought in 2017 their quality has gone to ****. They used to be a professional hardware company, now it's gamerz. I was a gamer that liked professional hardware. I've moved on from them, it's sad because they were so great.
The mouse microswitch problem has nothing to do with Corsair themselves and everything to do with the type of switch they use. Logitech and a few others have the exact same problem. Either need to use Optical switches, or desolder the crappy Chinese Omron switches and solder on some Japanese D2F-01/D2F-01F or some Honeywell or Panasonic 100ma switches.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,268 Posts
Sounds like you need to call them and talk to a supervisor who has the authority to offer you some other kind of compensation. I suspect the person who emailed you is just a pawn on auto pilot who couldn't help you with this even if they wanted to. Talk to someone in charge.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,991 Posts
I appreciate the support lol. I'm fuming about this. I'll try again tomorrow. I posted this on Tom's forum and got 3 shills telling me its fine they didnt do anything wrong. Made me even more irrationally angry lol.
Try to understand, they are out of stock of that PSU and they're out of stock of the alternatives that they could have sent to you. This lowly grunt was out of options. Their hands were tied. You need to speak with a manager, but again, try to be cool and friendly since we're all having tough enough lives as it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Try to understand, they are out of stock of that PSU and they're out of stock of the alternatives that they could have sent to you. This lowly grunt was out of options. Their hands were tied. You need to speak with a manager, but again, try to be cool and friendly since we're all having tough enough lives as it is.
If the response had been "we want to replace it for you but we cant right now. We absolutely will as soon as we can find one for you" I would have been disapointed by not angry.

The dismissive deal with it tone, and the fact that the employee couldn't even take the time to spell my name right while they told me tough **** is where the problems began.

The content of the email didn't even promise me any kind of priority when stock did become available. The most optimistic and positive spin you could possibly put on the response I got was a nebulous "maybe".

I really enjoyed the "thank you for choosing corsair" when I got the customer service version of tough ****.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,991 Posts
If the response had been "we want to replace it for you but we cant right now. We absolutely will as soon as we can find one for you" I would have been disapointed by not angry.

The dismissive deal with it tone, and the fact that the employee couldn't even take the time to spell my name right while they told me tough **** is where the problems began.
Like I said, it was a bad rep who gave a low-effort response. It's hard to find good help these days. I'm sure you've worked alongside some piece of crap who just didn't care and only wanted to get paid. So yeah. Don't be angry at anyone but that one person. Hell, I wouldn't even be angry with him. Life sucks more than usual right now. Let him be. Report him, he'll probably get fired one day for being the way he is.

So when you call, maybe just request a manager and maybe offer an apology for wanting to go straight over that person's head before they even have a chance to ask how they can help you.

• Rep+
Reactions: PriestOfSin

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,973 Posts
I was done with Corsair when they changed their logo to a "tramp stamp" and then threw a fit because nobody liked it. Their response to that, especially Corsair George's told me everything I needed to know. Use to swear by Corsair. Haven't touched it since.

I would reach out again as others have suggested.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts