Overclock.net banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
PC Evangelist
47,499 Posts
Just letting you know but the AX1200 non i has a long history of having problems with age so if you still have it you should not be trusting it
The AX1200i has never had that problem

As for Thermaltake they are a joke
Its amazing how I end up getting the worse PSU in ur list. I have my AX1200 since the day it came out and been mining since 2014 with no issues.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,956 Posts
Its amazing how I end up getting the worse PSU in ur list. I have my AX1200 since the day it came out and been mining since 2014 with no issues.
I have seen close to a dozen of them having problems after the warranty runs out and the warranty was 7 years which means yours runs out this year if you bought it in 2014

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,818 Posts
I have an ax1200i that supposedly has a 10 year warranty.
It died on me a few days ago after about 2 years.

I called customer support and set up an rma ticket and today received this email in response -

Hello Chirs,

Thank you for providing that information. I looked into whether or not we have any AX1200i PSUs and we currently do not have that PSU in stock at this time.
I also went ahead and checked if we had any alternatives that we can offer, and unfortunately we are also out of stock on those power supplies as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I cannot provide you with a replacement at this time. We also do not have an estimated time for Restock of these items.
Thank you for choosing Corsair.

Dont have any of your psu, dont have any other PSU's, will not be replacing. Do not have estimated time for restock.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING CORSAIR -

I have a paper weight for a computer now because I don't have a PSU.

Just eat the 400$ I spent on this PSU and go out and buy another one is corsairs answer.
wait a minute.
did they just reply to u in short

"sorry dude my bad, peace out"

crazy

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,520 Posts
That's pretty unacceptable. They should have an inventory put aside for these sort of things.

·
Overclocker
4,157 Posts
About 7 months ago I posted this thread: Buying A Decent 1000-1300 Watt PSU Is Hard To Find.

I was perplexed how hard it was back then to find a particular range of psus. I became aware of the market environment involving PC parts which is something some are still dealing with today.
However, Corsair is suppose to have reserve inventory for warranty claims. If that reserve runs out they should know when shipments will arrive. And be able to inform their customers when to expect a replacement. Be it 1 day to 1 month from now. There is absolutely no excuse to not have this information available if they are still bothered to run the business.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I am saying they are not holding any units for RMA because they'd rather sell every single unit off the assembly line to miners instead of holding a certain number for RMAs.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Cash to buy a suitable replacement, or a voucher. Tell your buddies they're breaking the law over there.
You did butchered my reply text according your likes, so to prepare glue about sticking on me the label "buddies" ...
You got in big trouble but you did failed.

CORSAIR this is a bunch of Americans stockholders - investors, pushing in the market Chinese goods.
In Europe all warehouses from all major brands they are empty in the past five months.

The OP posted some text and not the REAL entire email.
In conclusion, you all domestic "buddies" , you better solve your problems by using regular land line phone, this is much faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I called customer support and set up an rma ticket and today received this email in response -

Hello Chirs,

Thank you for providing that information. I looked into whether or not we have any AX1200i PSUs and we currently do not have that PSU in stock at this time.
I also went ahead and checked if we had any alternatives that we can offer, and unfortunately we are also out of stock on those power supplies as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I cannot provide you with a replacement at this time. We also do not have an estimated time for Restock of these items.

Dont have any of your psu, dont have any other PSU's, will not be replacing. Do not have estimated time for restock.

Just eat the 400$ I spent on this PSU and go out and buy another one is corsairs answer.
Terrible customer service, they have to send you something comparable or give you your money back!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a Corsair HX750i crap out on me in late 2018. It was still under warranty, but it took until late 2019 to get a replacement. Partly why it took so long is because it wasn’t a priority for me, but I was checking in periodically. They did offer a couple of model alternatives, but I wanted the same model since it was still in production.

All this was pre-pandemic. It really boils down to supply and demand.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
It's not rocket surgery. They can look at the RMA rate for the past few years, and hold about that number in reserve. Why haven't they?

·
Registered
193 Posts

Hello Chirs,

I don't want to sound rude or inconsiderate of your situation, but as a high end gamer maybe you should have thought about a spare PSU. I have a Seasonic 900W in my big box and several 750W and up lying about. Good luck.

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,428 Posts
hmmm its weird for you guys..we just tried RMA service and they gladly accepted it..turnaround time was 14 days..direct RMA to Corsair Taiwan...they never asked many questions just the picture of the serial number with the box and cables and they replied with a waybill address to be used to send the defective PSU via DHL and it was painless as its free..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow they treated you terribly.
That’s illegal in Australia, we have pretty good consumer protection though.
All you can really do is contact them requesting a better outcome from a manager I guess.
It’s not acceptable to fail to honour the warranty. They should maintain a stock of replacement units if they’re a decent company - or offer you a refund if they can’t manage that.
Don’t stand for it man, that’s disgraceful behaviour by Corsair.

·
Registered
824 Posts
hmmm its weird for you guys..we just tried RMA service and they gladly accepted it..turnaround time was 14 days..direct RMA to Corsair Taiwan...they never asked many questions just the picture of the serial number with the box and cables and they replied with a waybill address to be used to send the defective PSU via DHL and it was painless as its free..
May be different for international warranty, generally parts in US don't get warranty directly with the manufacturer we have to go through the USA branch.

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,428 Posts
May be different for international warranty, generally parts in US don't get warranty directly with the manufacturer we have to go through the USA branch.
Its international warranty..lol..Corsair has an HQ in Taiwan..seems I made a right choice..14 days is quick given our current pandemic situation...your US or whatever HQ that is might be picky..lmao..

61 - 78 of 78 Posts