Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is loud, how do I make it quiet?

It is the cooler that comes with the ram, like seriously, it is very loud. My computer was near quiet until I plugged that thing in. xD

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confessed View Post
Take it out, imho.

RAM fans are just silly. Your case is good for air cooling so you don't need it anyways. You have plenty of airflow.
I should but I just did a 5/10 good job (with what im capable with, lol) on my cabling. xD I like how the fans add to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grissecon View Post
Get a 5.25/3.5 bay fan controller, or a pci slot rheobus.

I can't even favin getting a 20 dollar one. I really should tho. ugh school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvalidUserID View Post
I have a Kingston HyperX one on my Doms but it is purely for looks.

What can I say, they match my Yates' blue LEDs.
haha, thats why i got it in there. But it is so loud, uff.

Just out of luck I managed to randomly get my pc into a cooler scheme. Blue, Brown, and Black. heh.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I assume it uses a 3-pin fan connector?

You could try undervolting the Ram Cooler's fans with one of these between the 3-pin connector and wherever you plug it in.

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std/sku=rc56

However I don't know the starting voltage on the fans for your ram cooler but at that price it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
haha, thats why i got it in there. But it is so loud, uff.

Just out of luck I managed to randomly get my pc into a cooler scheme. Blue, Brown, and Black. heh.
Really? I have three 140mm stock Corsair fans (came with the 800D, waiting for replacements to come), three 120mm Yate Loons and one 120mm Noiseblocker and out of all of the fans in my case (including the Kingstom RAM cooler), the Noiseblocker is the noisiest. I'd say everything runs near silent except the Noiseblocker. Go figure, the "Noiseblocker" makes the most noise.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by InvalidUserID
View Post

Really? I have three 140mm stock Corsair fans (came with the 800D, waiting for replacements to come), three 120mm Yate Loons and one 120mm Noiseblocker and out of all of the fans in my case (including the Kingstom RAM cooler), the Noiseblocker is the noisiest. I'd say everything runs near silent except the Noiseblocker. Go figure, the "Noiseblocker" makes the most noise.

Its weiiiird. It is the ram cooler fomr corsair. It is currently running at over 3000 rpm. ?!!!!?!?? Could the BIOs slow it down?

It is ona 3 pin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts