Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i meant by the title was if they're any good. (if they're prone to breaking i dunno i've never bought a mechanical keyboard before)

Im looking at some corsair strafe mx reds right now, they're on sale right now so they match the price of the cm storm line (where im going to buy it)

·
Registered
574 Posts
It seems to be a solid KB, note the bottom row is non-standard which makes it harder to find alternative keycaps in case you plan to replace the default ones going forward.

If the silent switches or the advanced lightning functionalities are not mandatory I think you can get equal quality for less money - have to say it looks really dope though (same goes for their K65/K70).

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
they are not the best boards out there, if you want RGB, go with a ducky shine 5, if you're indifferent on RGB lighting, there are much better boards out there for the same/cheaper price.

its a gamer-bro board, and is marketed to suckers who care more about pwningn nubz then product design.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

they are not the best boards out there, if you want RGB, go with a ducky shine 5, if you're indifferent on RGB lighting, there are much better boards out there for the same/cheaper price.

its a gamer-bro board, and is marketed to suckers who care more about pwningn nubz then product design.
Yeah ill agree with u that it's aimed towards gamers etcetc blahblah but theres a sale on where i live (nearby shop) and its on the same price as the cm storm quickfire tk/tkl/rapid line so im thinking imma get some sails
biggrin.gif

also isnt much option here other than the g710/razer and thats about it

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
well, if you think the sale price is fair then go for it.

Just a huge FYI about the non-standard bottom row if you've not heard about it. People always get pissy when they find out they can't put sweet keycaps on their corsair boards.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

well, if you think the sale price is fair then go for it.

Just a huge FYI about the non-standard bottom row if you've not heard about it. People always get pissy when they find out they can't put sweet keycaps on their corsair boards.
haha im just a pleb so i don't really care about those kind of things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts