Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
it may or it may not. value ram is not binned... that's why it's called value RAM... the cost says low w/o the extra tests and binning. sometimes you'll get lucy and get some that will go to 220-230... but most of the time 210-215 is about max.

just run memtest to test for stability.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thing is that my mem wont go higher than 209. If I do get really good ram how much further will I be able to take the fsb to before the CPU and MOBO give up?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
1 gig will always overclock better than 2 if you are using 2/4 sticks. Pushing the mem controller to run 4 sticks will slow it down. Some of the new 1gig sticks will oc almost as good as 2-512 sticks.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feirax

My 1GB ValueSelect is stable at 220 at default voltage, haven't tried pushing it past that yet.

Sheesh are you talking about the 4GB in your system specs? Wow im supprised you got it to run at 220.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would take 2 of those gig sticks out Feirax, and sell them. You are losing performance, and 4 gigs is beyond overkill.
As far as the corsair value. I had a 512 stick that did 220 2.5-3-3-7 1T.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

Sheesh are you talking about the 4GB in your system specs? Wow im supprised you got it to run at 220.

Corsair pretty much uses anything they get out of their parts bin for value select. I know I've heard of people getting valueselect chips with Infineon or Samsung ICs and getting some great clock speeds. Seems whatever I ended up with also does ok.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

I would take 2 of those gig sticks out Feirax, and sell them. You are losing performance, and 4 gigs is beyond overkill.
As far as the corsair value. I had a 512 stick that did 220 2.5-3-3-7 1T.

I'm not losing any performance.
I've benched this box with all the different configurations, and there's no difference. It could be because my cpu is the E6 revision.

4GB + 4xRAID-0 is nice for video editing.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
I have mine at 225MHz 2.5-3-3-6-7-12 1T 2.6V, it is good RAM for the price IMO, but if you can afford better, get somthing like Mushkin Redline or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.