Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
they just need to do motherboards and is that everything lol?

terrible sensor tho obviously

shape seems like its potentially usable

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hay everyone, This one is for the R.A.T. 7 (although other mice may be tried)... Sometimes in games like Battlefield I'll on accident hit 'mouse 1' and discharge my weapon, causing undesirable results!!! So, I found that If one was to place a Guitar pic over 'mouse 1'. It sits perfectly and resistance is made by the ends of the pic resting on the 'Mode' key lip and Mouse 3, I now have a "safety" for my mouse button! Depending on what gauge the pic is, it comfortably requires just a tad bit more to click!

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden911
View Post

---> Avago ADNS-9500

Doesn't that sensor have inconsistent positive acceleration?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JedixJarf
View Post

I will never use a mouse or kb with wires again.

then you will be using pretty awful mice...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter386
View Post

Hay everyone, This one is for the R.A.T. 7 (although other mice may be tried)... Sometimes in games like Battlefield I'll on accident hit 'mouse 1' and discharge my weapon, causing undesirable results!!! So, I found that If one was to place a Guitar pic over 'mouse 1'. It sits perfectly and resistance is made by the ends of the pic resting on the 'Mode' key lip and Mouse 3, I now have a "safety" for my mouse button! Depending on what gauge the pic is, it comfortably requires just a tad bit more to click!

wat....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI;15282950
It's actually the best laser sensor on the market. Certain pads give it higher acceleration. Basically if you use a hard pad, it'll track rather well. I will certainly never use a non-optical mice again after using the MX518/G400.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI;15282950
Try it some time, see if you can actually detect any flaws with the sensor before coming onto the forums and spouting second or third-hand nonsense about its properties.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by krameriffic
View Post

Try it some time, see if you can actually detect any flaws with the sensor before coming onto the forums and spouting second or third-hand nonsense about its properties.

Go back to English class and learn what a question mark is.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HWI
View Post

Yes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Those two look great but that sniper button does not appeal to me, and the 15 button maze is way to many.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden911;15281311
---> Avago ADNS-9500
Yes, but it's so small you wouldn't even know it unless you were deliberately looking for it.
The only other issue is that it's a 3600DPI native sensor, meaning any DPI setting above 3600DPI uses interpolation (software). But if you don't use more than 3600DPI (which I think would be stupidly high anyway), this doesn't affect you at all.
Otherwise, I'd say this sensor is pretty much perfect.

The other option is basically the Philips TwinEye, which is jittery and doesn't detect liftoffs properly (due to the sensors being angled so they can fit two in, hence the name "twineye"). And those issues are very noticable.

If I had the choice between paying $100 far a mouse with an Avago 9500 sensor, and being paid $100 to use a mouse with a Philips TwinEye, I'd still go with the Avago 9500. I'd avoid the Philips TwinEye like the plague.

Note: I own two mice with Philips TwinEye sensors and three with avago 9500 sensors (all different)

My main mouse right now is a Steelseries Xai which I use at 1000DPI, with all acceleration features disabled (including a registry patch to disable the Windows acceleration).
I might consider getting an M90 though. It looks like it's actually pretty good, and the price is actually good too.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post

then you will be using pretty awful mice...
My wireless mouse is great!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Any more opinions on the m90? I am just a bit worried about the maze of buttons on the left side...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts