Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wanted to share my small victory.

I was able to get my DDR400 Corsair XMS 3200CPT Ram to DDR 500.

I had to up the voltage to 2.8, and I loosened up the timings:
Command rate of 2T

I didn't think I would ever get it that high. Sweet.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Not bad, that's TCCD right?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's pretty damn good. I have mine at 250 as well with timing of 1T- 2.5-3-3-5 at 2.9V. You should be able to tighten it up some but maybe not. That's still good though. I love Corsair!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I was going the Cheap route when I got this stuff. I'm pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy

Not bad, that's TCCD right?

How can I tell if its TCCD?

and . . .

What's TCCD? I'm still kinda new to Overclocking.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Snyper

I thought I was going the Cheap route when I got this stuff. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Corsair. I had OCZ before this and I hated it. It is rock solid mem.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Snyper

How can I tell if its TCCD?

and . . .

What's TCCD? I'm still kinda new to Overclocking.

TCCD is a kind of RAM chip made by Samsung that is known to be a great overclocker with relatively low voltage (compared to BH-5). You would have to look under the heatspreader to find out, but if you post the model number, ex: "TWIN2X1024A-6400", I will look it up and we will see.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go:

Corsair XMS Platinum CMX512x2

XMS3202C2PP v5.2
0546126-0

I believe that is correct.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
OK, they aren't TCCD, but ProMoss-5 IC's. I have never heard of these, I guess they aren't bad though.

• Rep+
Reactions: The_Snyper

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

OK, they aren't TCCD, but ProMoss-5 IC's. I have never heard of these, I guess they aren't bad though.

Thanks again, I appreciate your time. Too bad about the TCCD, but I'm still giddy about leaving the RAM divider in the dust.

Rep+

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
I am still not 100% on that, but the v5.1 is ProMoss-5 rev. A, so I bet the v5.2 is just a different revision of the ProMoss-5.
Nice OC, see if you can get a little more!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm crashing now in Battlefield 2 at those settings. The Game launches fine, bu about a minute in, the system locks.

Any thoughts on the Max Voltage? I thought the stock was 2.7 and safe max was around 2.9.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
I would not go over 3v just for lack of knowledge about those chips. You could also try looser timings. Like 2.5-4-4-8 or 3-3-3-8.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll try 2.9 with current settings, then go looser, if necessary. I would really like to avoid running on anything other than a 1:1 divider.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:

I am still not 100% on that, but the v5.1 is ProMoss-5 rev. A, so I bet the v5.2 is just a different revision of the ProMoss-5.

I have the v5.2, RyGuy, and yes they are Promos -5 A's...
And I must say, I am seriously happy to hear how well you've done with them, The_Snyper! Especially since I'm about to OC my sticks.

Speaking of which, once you find a BF2 (if not SuperPi) stable configuration, can you post it please? It'll help me know how high/far/hard I can push my sticks. Thanks man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts