Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Corsair XMS PC 3200 memory. Its CAS is suppose to perform at 2 correct? when i put it to 2, my monitor doesn't turn on. So i have to put it to 2.5. The CAS-RAS all that other stuff have to be at 3. Pretty much the latency has to be at 2.5, 3, 3, 6 if i change the 3 to 2 or 6 to anything higher..my monitor doesn't turn on. Is my corsair just faulty or is it suppose to be like that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

Actually, thats some of the best memory around with Corsair, Kingston and even, Viking and Kingmax.

Yes, i tried overclocking fsb, so if i change the latency any differet than 2.5, 3, 3, 6...the monitor doesn't turn on. I thought corsair is suppose to perform at 2,2,2,10 perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vik_dude911

Yes, i tried overclocking fsb, so if i change the latency any differet than 2.5, 3, 3, 6...the monitor doesn't turn on. I thought corsair is suppose to perform at 2,2,2,10 perfectly.

What voltage are you giving it??? Make sure you're supplying it with at least the recommended voltage because it needs it to run those tight timings.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
those are pretty nice.. tell me if you ever make it that'd be interesting

like someone said about Voltage

i'd put a little more than recommened just because those are so tight

and Gt.... you forgot OCZ and Geil.. come on... I love my geil and you hurt its feelings

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

and Gt.... you forgot OCZ and Geil.. come on... I love my geil and you hurt its feelings

Geil is one of the best memories as well. Right now im giving it 1.70v and it still cannot run anything tighter than a 2.5, 3, 3, 6. I can run my CPU stable up to 212 fsb. After that its running into stability probs. So i changed my vcore to 1.60v. But the cpu is getting pretty hot at 1.60v. Almost hitting 53C. And the fan is running at 4900rpm.

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Quote:

Hello, I have a Corsair XMS PC 3200 memory. Its CAS is suppose to perform at 2 correct? when i put it to 2, my monitor doesn't turn on. So i have to put it to 2.5. The CAS-RAS all that other stuff have to be at 3. Pretty much the latency has to be at 2.5, 3, 3, 6 if i change the 3 to 2 or 6 to anything higher..my monitor doesn't turn on. Is my corsair just faulty or is it suppose to be like that?

I have 2x256 xms pc 3200 and I'm running them 1:1 at 2.3.3.5 with my fsb OC'ed to 915 mhz ........I don't think it's you memory

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

everybody keeps forgetting patriot memory

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Never heard of patriot memory but I'm sure it cann't compare to Corsair or OCZ but I could be wrong........what are you running it at?

·
Registered
645 Posts
patriot memory is made by PDP Systems, mine runs stable at 250FSB 2.5-4-4-11 when it came stock 3-4-4-9 at 200FSB. Weird eh? right now i run it at 2.5-3-3-7 because my mobo and psu are **** and im getting a new comp so im not gonna upgrade. PDP Systems patriot memory allow the poor to keep up with the rich in the game of Overclocking.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Patriot has been around for about 15 years... they are new to the high end market!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Geil is one of the best memories as well. Right now im giving it 1.70v and it still cannot run anything tighter than a 2.5, 3, 3, 6. I can run my CPU stable up to 212 fsb. After that its running into stability probs. So i changed my vcore to 1.60v. But the cpu is getting pretty hot at 1.60v. Almost hitting 53C. And the fan is running at 4900rpm.

Everyone is talking about your vDIMM, not your vCORE. Your vDIMM should be up around 2.8v. I hope that you didn't turn your vCORE up to 1.7v.....

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtoMicMoNkEy15

patriot memory is made by PDP Systems, mine runs stable at 250FSB 2.5-4-4-11 when it came stock 3-4-4-9 at 200FSB. Weird eh? right now i run it at 2.5-3-3-7 because my mobo and psu are **** and im getting a new comp so im not gonna upgrade. PDP Systems patriot memory allow the poor to keep up with the rich in the game of Overclocking.

Patriot is top notch stuff. I got my PC3700 stuff up to 260fsb - not shabby at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts