Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

the corsair is better, but not worth the extra cost. Go with the OCZ...

thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should I see any performance increase from going from 1gb of ram to 2gb? really there isn't many games that will use 2gb of ram with the exception of bf2 and fear maybe..

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Yeah, as long as it isn't any problem to get the 2GB (not enough RAM slots, price etc.) 2GB is certainly beneficial even if you don't play F.E.A.R. and BF2 and other memory hungry games, you can certainly run a smaller page file or even no pagefile at all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Yeah, as long as it isn't any problem to get the 2GB (not enough RAM slots, price etc.) 2GB is certainly beneficial even if you don't play F.E.A.R. and BF2 and other memory hungry games, you can certainly run a smaller page file or even no pagefile at all.

price isn't really a problem and I've got 2 open slots with 2 used up already so should be good..thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Corsair ram tears up ocz the cas times are quicker and the ram is more reliable;
__________________________________________________ ________*
That is why I bought the Corsair Twinx2048-3200c2-2GB (2*1GB cmx1024-3200cs DRR400 1024MB CAS LATENCY (2-3-3-6)
You can see a big improvement with buying 2 GB instead of 1 GB; also if you can afford it.
Great for multitasking

+hello_world+

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate

Corsair products are expensive trash.

No they aren't CORSAIR DUAL-DATA-RATE HAVE LOWER CAS LATENCY;
And are more reliable
you don't like them cause you can't afford Corsair

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by binary_sandman

No they aren't CORSAIR DUAL-DATA-RATE HAVE LOWER CAS LATENCY;
And are more reliable
you don't like them cause you can't afford Corsair

*****, what the heck, corsair sucks, deal with it, do you even KNOW what xms is? their xms series is their value series with a different name and a jacked up price, their ram sucks for another reason as they are pulling out of the high end market, which means they could care less about their "high end" products, so theyre sloppy, so please please

lower cas means nothing to overclocking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:

Let's break it down for you script_kiddies
The cas Latency is like a 555 timing IC it times all of your operations and shifts data around mostly binary text; LOWER CAS LATENCY = programs opening faster and better run time on games; Also smaller time you have to wait
On the other hand the operating frequency of the ram lets say 400 MHz
This is like talking to your cpu(central-processing-unit) higher frequency=your cpu will be happy cause of compatibility compared to 200mhz
__________________________________________________ _______*
Personally I would go with the lower CAS LATENCY timing is everything don't worry about operating frequency but that's my opinion you need to decide

cas latency has a big part script_kiddie
+hello_world+

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
...i hope you were joking...actually when it comes to overclocking, timings eventually mean nothing at all, you have to lower timings in most situations to get a higher overclock which means taking your cas from 2 to 2.5 in which there isnt much difference at all, corsiar...sucks, timings mean nothing, performance of the company means everything. Corsairs performance everywhere is POOR and so is their ram.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
This is not a memory fighting forum, we are helping a guy pick out some RAM, not a place for you to scrable... KNOCK IT OFF!

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Dude, just go for the OCZ, theyre better than Corsairs XMS garbage. Btw, if your living in the Toronto Area, i can wave the tax fee @ CanadaComputers @ Pacific Mall in a few months.. =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

This is not a memory fighting forum, we are helping a guy pick out some RAM, not a place for you to scrable... KNOCK IT OFF!

__________________________________________________ _____________
the name of the thread is corsairVS.ocz we are only debating over it expessing our views dont get all mad

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

That’s cool we have the same case NZXT LEXA. It is like the most sexist case on the market right now.

Yeah .... Love my lexa

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.