Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my hx1000w set it up and the computer shuts down 1 to 2 min after windows starts put back in my 450w and it works grate. is this a bad unit or is incompateble with my evga 58x le mother bord?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison
View Post

i just got my hx1000w set it up and the computer shuts down 1 to 2 min after windows starts put back in my 450w and it works grate. is this a bad unit or is incompateble with my evga le mother bord?

There are no incompatibility issues with the PSU and the motherboard. Check again to make sure you hooked everything back up completely and that all connections are nice and tight.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sounds like a bad P/S to me, that is, assuming you didn't hook something up wrong.

That or you have everything fed from one rail on the P/S and it's shutting itself down for circuit protection.

Try only plugging in (1) Hard Drive, and boot off on-board video if you have it to rule out the PCIe power or load issues.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Em1nenceFr0nt
View Post

sounds like a bad P/S to me, that is, assuming you didn't hook something up wrong.

That or you have everything fed from one rail on the P/S and it's shutting itself down for circuit protection.

Try only plugging in (1) Hard Drive, and boot off on-board video if you have it to rule out the PCIe power or load issues.

i had the pluges in top and bottem on the power supply and used only one bule space to the pci witch went to 9800tg the 2 hard pci cables went to 260gtx

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison
View Post

i had the pluges in top and bottem on the power supply and used only one bule space to the pci witch went to 9800tg the 2 hard pci cables went to 260gtx

No offense, but it's really hard to read what you're writing. If you could take a picture and upload it, it might help us help you out a bit better.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincanman View Post
corsair has the best quality
No.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts