Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this cooler then a megahalems or not? I have the Mega right now But am really really interested in the H50? what does everyone think??

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
If your case doesn't have a ton of airflow, or lacks much space, then the H50 might be a good choice. Otherwise, in terms of performance, it's pretty much a wash.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralCuster44
View Post

I have the cooler master haf so it has a ton of air flow?? so no then?

I have the H50 and it works grate in my cooler master haf. so i say yes,

but you have a grate cooler so why change?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I actually went from the H50 to the megahalems. The h50 is a very good cooler but there is only so much heat a 120mm rad can dissipate especially when you clock up past 4ghz.

I noticed a good 10c drop in temps at 100% load (prime95 small ffts) over the H50.

This is the an i7 though so I don't know how much of a difference it would be for an AMD... thing is the megahalems performs better for core i7 then on AMD so you might see better performance with the H50.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard
View Post

I actually went from the H50 to the megahalems. The h50 is a very good cooler but there is only so much heat a 120mm rad can dissipate especially when you clock up past 4ghz.

I noticed a good 10c drop in temps at 100% load (prime95 small ffts) over the H50.

This is the an i7 though so I don't know how much of a difference it would be for an AMD... thing is the megahalems performs better for core i7 then on AMD so you might see better performance with the H50.

So after all your mods (swiftech reservoir) you ended up getting the Megahalem? I was following your posts very carefully to decide whether or not I wanted the H50.
What if you put a bigger radiator on the H50...is that going to help solve the limiting factors that come with the stock radiator?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
In general the H50 is better on the cooler AMD chips than a Mega, but the performance is almost identical.

I would not recommend the H50 if you already have a Mega, unless you crave the minimalistic look and have money to burn.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vbp6us View Post
So after all your mods (swiftech reservoir) you ended up getting the Megahalem? I was following your posts very carefully to decide whether or not I wanted the H50.
What if you put a bigger radiator on the H50...is that going to help solve the limiting factors that come with the stock radiator?
yeah... after all the modding and stuff I was still outdone by my brothers Megahalem.

"hey come check out these temps... dual 120mm rads man you can't touch this..." and he would just laugh at me and run prime95 and let the temps speak for themselves.

Getting slightly worse temps after all that work hurt me on the inside so I sold off all that stuff and just went ahead and procured a megahalem. Temps are amazing and I don't have to worry about topping off, getting biocide and all that stuff. Just easier in every way even in terms of size (versus my modded h50).

If you are going to bother doing all that modding to a H50 you might as well build a custom loop. You will get better temps and you don't have to worry about the little pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts