Overclock.net banner

Cosmos S mod for better cable management & New WC setup for GPU new pics(5-20-09)

43301 222
**Update*** 5-5-09

I will be adding a second loop for my GPU and modding(if I can) my case to improve cable management.
Also, I will be installing my new Rampage Extreme. So I will be posting some new pics for you guys soon. Stay tuned!

-------------------------------------------------------------
3-11-09
**Cosmos S little mod for 38mm fans & new WC setup build log done!(new pics 3/20/09)**

Hi guys and gals,

After reading though stuff and from your guy's big help, I decided to put together some WC parts and start my custom set up. I will be modding my Cosmos S to fit some 38mm fans in the fan compartment on top(at least will try, might need your guys's help) and setting up my WC setup. I will be taking pics to give you guys back the favor
. I really appreciate all the help

More pics will follow as I go with the setup, so there will be more pics to come

My parts came in today from Jabtech and here is the pic:

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Looking good so far! Nice start.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
Looking good so far! Nice start.

Thanks!!

Where is the best place to mount the pump and res in a Cosmos S?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to call it a night since its already late and I have to wake up in four hours to go to work. Here are some pics that I took a while ago...I was not able to make a lot of progress due to my lack of preparation. I had to run to my local store 3 times to get the stuff I need and I couldnt decide where to mount the pump and the res in my case..anyway here are the pics:

This would serve as my reducer since that fuzion barbs are 3/8" OD and my tubing is 7/16" ID

With the CPU water block attached:

With the reducer and CPU block in the case:

Black Ice GTX 360 money shot!!

Needs some more modding to align screw holes of the Ultra KaZe to the case:

GTX 360 installed on top of COsmos S:

Everything mounted except for the res:

Front view:

Here's how it looks without the top mesh...this would be the spot for three Ultra Kazes doing pull config:

I hope you guys like it..Please let me know if you guys have some suggestion. I hope its fine to post this much pics. Please let me know if I am violating some rules.. Thanks guys..
I will continue the build tomorrow after work..See Yah!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellraiser1981 View Post
Keep up the good work & keep them pics coming

Will do!! I will continue the setup today when I get home from work..

Thank you !!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
this pic made me trip balls yo
Haha..I know that pic turned out to be a little weird.

By the way guys, is it alright that the pics I am posting have those crap links at the bottom? I noticed it and I thought its because I am using a free file hosting site.

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
looking good mate!

keep up the good work!

+ love

• Rep+
Reactions: unleaded91

·
Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Quote:

Where is the best place to mount the pump and res in a Cosmos S?

Do you have room for the pump on the floor of your case? I like to keep it at the lowest point and my res above the pump, right over it somewhere.

What res are you using? I didn't see it in the pic's. If your going to use a t-line put it right before the pumps inlet.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k
View Post

Do you have room for the pump on the floor of your case? I like to keep it at the lowest point and my res above the pump, right over it somewhere.

What res are you using? I didn't see it in the pic's. If your going to use a t-line put it right before the pumps inlet.

thanks!

I am using the Swiftech MCRES Micro v2.. I mounted the pump right on the bottom fan slot(slot behind the PSU) of the Cosmos S and I am planning on mounting it right above it as you said.

Can you please help me with the best loop arrangement?

I will be WC'ng my CPU and NB. Thanks..

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by unleaded91
View Post

Can you please help me with the best loop arrangement?

I will be WC'ng my CPU and NB. Thanks..

Like this:

Res-pump-rad-cpu-nb

• Rep+
Reactions: unleaded91

·
Premium Member
26,933 Posts
^^^Yup. Thats the way I like to run mine to. The most important part is the keep the res right before the pump.

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by unleaded91
View Post

Their goes my friend!!!
Thanks..

haha
Well ira-k teached me, so thank him

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k
View Post

^^^Yup. Thats the way I like to run mine to. The most important part is the keep the res right before the pump.

Okay will do for sure!!..

The flow of the D5 starts from the top barb right? So I should start from the outlet of the res to the side barb of the D5(inlet) then up to the rad and so on right?

Thanks!!

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
I know you didnt talk to me, but you are correct

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.