Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stripping my sig rig down tomorrow & doing some cable mangement then having the inside (alloy) powder coated, I'm not sure what colour to have.
I'll be having Acid green feser fluid & I'm changing all my 120mm fans for green leds.
So what colour will set this off?
Tell me what you all think

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Izvire View Post
Black outside&Green insides?

+1 that would look awesome on a cosmos. How much does it cost on average to powder coat a case? In usd if you can.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
+1 that would look awesome on a cosmos. How much does it cost on average to powder coat a case? In usd if you can.

In the uk, well exeter were I live I was quoted £25 for the powder coating.

I'll be keeping the outside of the case standard for the moment, what do you think to orange for the inside? Orange & green?

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellraiser1981 View Post

I'll be keeping the outside of the case standard for the moment, what do you think to orange for the inside? Orange & green?
Seems like the colors would clash a bit, I personally would stick with just green. Unless you are into the whole 80's neon thing

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
Seems like the colors would clash a bit, I personally would stick with just green. Unless you are into the whole 80's neon thing

Ok, thanks. Thinking of putting a few uv light in as well.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Ok, thanks. Thinking of putting a few uv light in as well.
That would look awesome. Make sure a lot of your components are UV reactive

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
I say black inside and green outside. That way the inside will accent the outside.

jw is this gonna be like grass green or neon green?

oh and get that techflex ogre sleeving and sleeve all the cables.
Maybe grass green.

How about yellow inside?

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Quote:

That's a really good price for powder coating, you got a good deal there.

Who is doing it for you exactly?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
That's a really good price for powder coating, you got a good deal there.

Who is doing it for you exactly?
They are called "1ST CHOICE FINISHES" in Exeter, they showed me around their work shop, they have a good setup there, also there work shop is really clean if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Your finish may not withstand the temps that the inside will have to be cured at. Just want to let you know that.

And, look into a color called Psyco Lime. I did a 4 wheeler frame in that and it looked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
He was talking about just doing the inside with powder. If the outside is painted with, whatever, it may not withstand the cure time. The powder for the inside will have to bake @ 400* for 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
lol i'm still confused!

The outside of the Cosmos S is plastic so it's a fairly safe assumption that he'll strip the case down before handing it over to be coated, the interior chassis is all aluminium apart from 2 parts which the handles screw into, I think they're chromed or some other form of electro-plating.

PS: I'm well aware of the curing times for coating, check my sig.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Lol, I'm not used to people knowing about powder coating. Still a new process to a lot of people.

And I didn't realise that the case was mostly plastic. If that is the case, then I retract what I said.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus000 View Post
lol i'm still confused!

The outside of the Cosmos S is plastic so it's a fairly safe assumption that he'll strip the case down before handing it over to be coated, the interior chassis is all aluminium apart from 2 parts which the handles screw into, I think they're chromed or some other form of electro-plating.

PS: I'm well aware of the curing times for coating, check my sig.

Your the man marcus! Sorry to sound cheesy but I'm loving your work! I've read through all your threads on here & wcuk which I've used for parts & will use again. It was just a shame that ur powder coating price's are a bit high.
But If the finish isn't good enough I will be in touch, if thats ok?

Anyway check out my project cosmos in my sig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts