Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 3 weeks ago I was fortunate enough to win this shmexy fan,that Cougar were giving away to 5 lucky people
on their facebook page.The only requirement was to like the event and name 3 sites that do hardware reviews.
I mentioned OCN among others
rolleyes.gif

It arrived today, so I thought I'd share my excitement with the rest of ye.

I only had one 140mm Cougar HDB fan until now, but I have been eyeballing the other Cougar LED fans for a while. IMO they're awsome fans as far as design & performance is concerned which makes me even happier, that I actually
won THIS ONE. As far as I know, they're not on the market yet.
I even sent Cougar a message yesterday asking them
if these are going to be released anytime soon, but didn't get
a reply yet.

Less talking. More Pics. Phone pics, but pics nonetheless.

At first I was like... Whaaaaa? Black ?
weirdsmiley.gif

But then I was like... Yeaaaaah
biggrin.gif

Since I originally only had 2 fans in the case (1x 14cm intake and 1 inside the CM V8,
I decided to put it in the back as an exhaust one. It also illuminates my wall really nicely.
What do ye think ? Is there another member of OCN that won the same fan ?

Thanks again to Cougar World
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specs:

LED Color: White
Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Bearing: HB (Hydraulic-Bearing)
Voltage: 12VDC
Connector: 3pin
Speed: 1200 RPM
Airflow: 64.37 CFM 109.42 m3/h
Air pressure: 1.74mm H2O
Acoustical Noise: 16.6dB(A)
Cable Length: 450mm
Accessories: 3 to 4 pin adapter, Tool-less fixed pins, fan screws

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post

I managed to find some of those on sale on ebay.
+rep

Awesomesauce! Thanks for that. I'm just after ordering 2 more.
Hopefully won't take a month for them to get here.

thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ribbed, for your airflow.

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
Gotta decide between these and the new Phanteks fans...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bought one on Ebay but now waiting to hear back from the major suppliers and or Cougar as when and if they will be for sale, my google trawling came up with nothing.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrshilka View Post

Bought one on Ebay but now waiting to hear back from the major suppliers and or Cougar as when and if they will be for sale, my google trawling came up with nothing.
Same here. Got a message from Cougar yesterday. However they didn't give me any new info on the fans, they just want me to send them pics of the fan in my case LOL
doh.gif

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerMan1971 View Post

so what kind of inception went on there with the 140mm box, was the 120mm box inside? oddness
Nice fan though
smile.gif
FANCEPTION!
biggrin.gif

Yep, that's right. Ripped open the package and the original box was inside the 140mm one.
Probably just for added protection or a cheap way to get rid of their waste haha

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKab View Post

Sorry for the extreme BUMP.

But I'm considering these 120mm fans with blue LEDs. Are they good? Do they live up to the specs?
They really do. Couldn't be happier with them. Ended up buying 2 more white ones on ebay.
Noise-wise they're virtually silent and they do shift loads of air. Plus they look awesome
wink.gif

Edit: I might post some temperature screenshots and some more pics when I get home.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JambonJovi View Post

They really do. Couldn't be happier with them. Ended up buying 2 more white ones on ebay.
Noise-wise they're virtually silent and they do shift loads of air. Plus they look awesome
wink.gif

Edit: I might post some temperature screenshots and some more pics when I get home.
Thank you for answering, please do with the temps. I'm guessing these will be a lot better than the sickleflows!
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKab View Post

Thank you for answering, please do with the temps. I'm guessing these will be a lot better than the sickleflows!
tongue.gif
Might not be before tomorrow, but have a look at THIS and THIS review in the meantime if you want. Just so you get a better idea.
thumb.gif

The only downside I can think of so far is their price. They are a bit saucy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not a problem, I'm in no rush atm!
smile.gif
I know they do cost quite a bit for fans, but I'd like to explore all my options as much as I can(even if I end up not getting these). I'm also having a hard time finding them in any stores in my country, and shipping from US/UK isn't exactly free:(

Edit: Can't load that page with the review, says "website is offline"?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts