Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've noticed it getting a bit hot inside my case when i've got the side on.

Attached is a diagram of how my fans are currently arranged. Let me know if you think they would be better any other ways..

...and before you say it...i'm not cutting a hole in the top of my case coz i know i'll screw it up!!
LL

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist
mos def...

you want those front bottom fans as intakes and the back exhaust..

and your side panel is up to you,
I was going to suggest that as well. I am unsure as to where you have it set up but the back of my desk is where a lot of dust is and I dont want to drag more in then I have to, thr front of my desk is much cleaner. I have the back fans as exhaust and the front as intake. The side I have pointing towards the PCI slots and it also helps with the air flow from front to back. I also have canned air to clen all my fans out about once a month too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree with spookedjunglist intakes at front exhasts at rear

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant have intake at front....its my rad...i dont wanna blow hot air into my case!!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357
then put your rad someplace else
no chance in hell.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Well i think if your shy to cut holes in your case you cant do much. I think top and or side pannel would be nice. You could also go from 80mms in back to 120's. I know theyre bigger but you could prolly do up a make shift adapter.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

why not?
No other place in the case to stick a 120mm rad + 2x 120mmx38mm fans.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR
Well i think if your shy to cut holes in your case you cant do much. I think top and or side pannel would be nice. You could also go from 80mms in back to 120's. I know theyre bigger but you could prolly do up a make shift adapter.
Maybe i'll make some kind of mesh side panel so that i can have the side on...but still have the same airflow as if it was off.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
maybe set the bottom of your two 80mm to be an intake. you only have 1 intake fan and 3 out at the mo, not inc. psu.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Hmm...take off the side pannel and get a large person fan. that would stand to help a lot too. And also if you could get that fans air into a smaller duct blowing on something.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo3
maybe set the bottom of your two 80mm to be an intake. you only have 1 intake fan and 3 out at the mo, not inc. psu.
I've got 3 fans blowing in at the mo, the 2x80mm at the back and the 1x92mm on the side.

Do you think i should have one of them as an exhaust?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

put the rad outside of your case
naa...i like the clean look.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

i just bought a case that is like 100% mesh

Cooler Master Stacker?

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms
I've got 3 fans blowing in at the mo, the 2x80mm at the back and the 1x92mm on the side.

Do you think i should have one of them as an exhaust?
sorry read the diagram wrong, how about change the top 80mm to exhaust, get rid of more hot air that way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts