Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I would not advise OC'ing mobile processors. I have a Turion and it gets kinda warm. You could OC it, but it would get HOT.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well can u tell me the steps in overclocking it i have back up motherboards and cpus so if it burns out or something i got extra

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Normally you would increase the FSB by small increments, also increasing the voltage. But in manufacturer laptops this is usually disabled unless noted otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
If it's a laptop, or a pre-built machine, its not worth the hassle. You won't get very much at all out of it. And you'd have to use software overclocking tools, which run a VERY high risk of data corruption and damage to equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

If it's a laptop, or a pre-built machine, its not worth the hassle. You won't get very much at all out of it. And you'd have to use software overclocking tools, which run a VERY high risk of data corruption and damage to equipment.

I will advise against it also, not worth the risk but if you must you can try setfsb.

·
Registered
320 Posts
As others said you better dont go for oc.Btw you dont get much from Sempron Mobile at all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i overclocked my gpu and my sempron 2.4GHz~ and it runs a bit faster u.u and i dont get how u guys say it runs hotter then turion is cooler way cooler my turion be burning my sscreen and making my touch pad so hot i cant touch it

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I don't think anyone said it runs hotter than Turions. But the Turions do burn up, I have one in my laptop. Single core will almost always run hotter than more cores, under the same circumstances. (Varies with clock speed, Manufacturer tech, ect ect.)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57
View Post

I will advise against it also, not worth the risk but if you must you can try setfsb.

^this its not worth the risk even if you do get higher clocks it may not be 100% stable

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko_X
View Post

doesnt matter really i already overclocked my sempron

hmmmmm did you put it under load to see if your load temps are ok depends on what your using it for hmmmmmmm

·
The Computer Guy
6,484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko_X
View Post

im gonna buy this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Compaq+-...&skuId=1272095
and when i do i wanna overclock it D:

if u can find oc software,because those bios settings are locked.plus you run the risk of burning it up.but,good luck with that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts