Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was running my wireless adapter for like one years and then when i bought my 4870x2 last 2 months..

i started to notice internet cuts out everytime and then...
i open the case and i put my hand on the wireless adapter and i saw it unussualy hot!

i moved the adapter to a diffirant slot in the mobo away from the 4870x2..
but i still get this net issue...

do you think the 4870x2 dameged my adapter?
do i have to change my adapter?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
It could be that it is starting to go bad on you. Or maybe you hit it accidentally damaging it. Is it plugged in securely? Have you tried resetting your connection or setting up a new network with your router?

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
Run the system without the 4870x2, and see if it still gets hot. If there is no temp differences with the 4870x2 removed, then it is a failing wireless card.

If you do notice a temp difference, then plug the 4870x2 in and use Rivatuner or another program to raise the fan speed.

If after this, you still have difficulties, than just buy a new wireless card, shouldn't be more than 20$.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@spacegoast im sure i havnt hit it by accedint and i reseted it..

@xxicrimsonixx i already tried that and i think the temp is still the same..
and i have my fan speed 100%

thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and i recently noticed a slow in my internet connection...

my download speed now is 20kps it should be 270kbs

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Well can you move you computer to the same room with the router? Connect directly to the router with the proper cable instead of going wireless. If the connection is still slow, then your router may be the culprit. If the connection is normal, then you know it is your wireless card.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my brother running from the same router and wireless and he is loading with full speed..

i guess its from my wireless adapter..?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt668 View Post
dont be silly! Get a big ethernet cable and plug it in! Improve speeds and no interference!
all glory to the cat5 cable

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
unplug router and modem for like 1 mins, plug modem back in, wait like 30 sec, then plug in router... sometimes this works and it can fix problems in the network....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts