Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd mention the solution to a recent problem I had.

When I tried to connect to the Steam network, I would get the "Could not connect to Steam network" error message.

I originally thought it may have something to do with the recent release of MOH. I then decided to diagnose the problem by trying everything under the sun related to modems, routers, firewalls, etc., to no avail. I eventually came to realize that Iobit's new update to Advanced SystemCare was the culprit. The weird thing was that the program wasn't even running, and I wasn't able to find any running services associated with the program.

So, I uninstalled Advanced SystemCare, and now Steam works like a charm.

Go figure.

**** EDIT: It seems that Iobit has realized and dealt with the issue.

With the last ASC update, they included a network monitor beta (NetworkMon). This seems to have blocked certain programs from connecting to the internet. They have posted a temporary fix until they can incorporate it into the next ASC program update.

Here is an Updated debug version of NetworkMon. It should solve your network issue.

Please try to:
1) Download the debug version (networkmon-debug.rar) from here.
2) Extract networkmon-debug.rar to a place you like.
3) Copy Remove.exe into "C:\\Program Files\\IObit\\Advanced SystemCare 3" folder in Windows (x32).
3*) Copy Remove.exe into "C:\\Program Files (86)\\IObit\\Advanced SystemCare 3" folder in Windows (x64).
4) Run Remove.exe>Uninstall>OK.
5) Restart System.
6) Copy the other three files (instlsp.exe, lLSP.dl, Sup_NetworkMon.exe) from where you have extracted, to "C:\\Program Files\\IObit\\Advanced SystemCare 3" folder to remove the old ones in Windows (x32).
6*) Copy the other three files (instlsp.exe, lLSP.dl, Sup_NetworkMon.exe) from where you have extracted, to "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IObit\\Advanced SystemCare 3" folder to remove the old ones in Windows (x64).
7) Run Sup_NetworkMon.exe and then
8) Check if your IE/Firefox is OK.

Source

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was set NOT to run at startup, and, as far as I could tell, it wasn't running in the background.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts