Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no experience adding animation to an image and creating a gif, so here is my request.

Im writing an application for my old high school robotics team for their tournament starting on thursday. Everything is nice but to me something is 'missing'. Im looking to give my app a little life by adding a shoting star behind the main logo that I have. Because I have no idea how to do a gif I need help to add it.

It would be sweet if someone could do this for me, but there are some things that are important:

1) The image resolution and size must stay EXACTLY the way it is.
2) Im not looking for anything crazy, just a simple shooting star every now and then, not happening every 3 seconds, maybe a good 15 second delay between it shooting and just the normal picutre.
3) Please do not add a signature to this. I will of course give credit where credit is due, but I dont need a watermarked image on the app.

Thanks guys if you get a chance, ill attach the picture.
LL

·
Registered
328 Posts
The coloration got a bit distorted, but gif cant hold as much quality as jpg, atleast not gifs made by Flash

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Use an optimized palette, and it would interlace the colors better (dithering can sometimes even help, as that image is pretty bland to accept the 256 color limit).

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey TrustKill, care to do me one more favor? Can you make the top ball above the N and A spin in an endless loop? You would be my hero forever if you could do that for me.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115
View Post

What other picture formats can accept animation?

Is it for the web? If so Flash will do. If it isn't the web, .gif is about the only alternative.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115
View Post

What other picture formats can accept animation?

Flash. By the looks of your program it should be able to accept it (they embed Flash animations in programs all the time now). There;s other formats, but Flash and GIF are the most accept (and importable).

Dang, double post. Folding with a proc and GPU is showing. :/

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I would do this but it would be factually inaccurate because the Moon has no atmosphere, therefore a shooting star would never happen. A shooting star occurs when something burns up in the atmosphere, so you can see that you wouldn't see a shooting star while on the Moon.

A comet would be a better match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts