Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 friends that have CS:S. And they have two completely different computers. And they one with the Better video card is getin lower Fps than the other. I'll list there System specs below.

RIG 1
-------------
P4 3.2Ghz w/HT 200fsb
1.5Gbs of ram, PC-3200
x800 Pro (Stock)
sony mother board?

RIG 2
-------------
AMD 64bit FX-51 2.2Ghz
1Gb of ram PC-3200
9800 XT 256Mb (stock)
AlienWare Mobo?

Its wierd RIG 2 gets a higher FPS rate. Both of thm are on the same video settings. I think it may be the Cpu, but idk. you guys have an idea?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockaygoalie10

I have 2 friends that have CS:S. And they have two completely different computers. And they one with the Better video card is getin lower Fps than the other. I'll list there System specs below.

RIG 1
-------------
P4 3.2Ghz w/HT 200fsb
1.5Gbs of ram, PC-3200
x800 Pro (Stock)
sony mother board?

RIG 2
-------------
AMD 64bit FX-51 2.2Ghz
1Gb of ram PC-3200
9800 XT 256Mb (stock)
AlienWare Mobo?

Its wierd RIG 2 gets a higher FPS rate. Both of thm are on the same video settings. I think it may be the Cpu, but idk. you guys have an idea?

Rig number 2 has a way better processor, and also a better mobo. I'm not surprised it gets better fps. And the 9800XT might not be as good as the X800, but it is still a great card.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockaygoalie10

RIG 1
-------------
P4 3.2Ghz w/HT 200fsb
1.5Gbs of ram, PC-3200
x800 Pro (Stock)
sony mother board?

RIG 2
-------------
AMD 64bit FX-51 2.2Ghz
1Gb of ram PC-3200
9800 XT 256Mb (stock)
AlienWare Mobo?

It all depends on how u have the game setup to run, there are performance features in thegame you can use to give it better performance just go into the confiig.cfg open it with notepad and change seetings in there. Im almost positive both of those games are not set up the same so thats where the fps comes into play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts