Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of ordering a game server from counter-strike.com, i dont want to spend alot so i was looking at the game server counter strike source instead of the 100 tick and 500fps servers i am wondering if any one has bought this server and knows what the tickrate is and fps on the server?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esea1494;12049115
i am thinking of ordering a game server from counter-strike.com, i dont want to spend alot so i was looking at the game server counter strike source instead of the 100 tick and 500fps servers i am wondering if any one has bought this server and knows what the tickrate is and fps on the server?
http://www.hypernia.com/ would prolly be cheaper and if i remember correctly when they did the update its all 66tick

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I don't really know that many server hosting companies, but if I ever wanted to rent a server, I would go to gameservers.com and order there.

The CS:S 100-tickrate is $1/slot, the regular CS:S is $0/79/slot
There are also several other FPS options, check it out

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Technically, you don't need anything more than 66tic and 500 fps. A few pros will say "OMG, 66TICK! THATS SOO LAGGY" but thats subject to opinion. Valve themselves say you don't need 100tick, and the reg difference is minimal.

300 FPS - ZombieMod, Deathrun, MiniGames, etc (Fun stuff, no presision aiming)
500 FPS - Rotation, GunGame, etc (Basic pubs)
1000 FPS - Professional/Scrim Servers (techinically you don't need more than 500 still).

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes;12054135
Technically, you don't need anything more than 66tic and 500 fps. A few pros will say "OMG, 66TICK! THATS SOO LAGGY" but thats subject to opinion. Valve themselves say you don't need 100tick, and the reg difference is minimal.

300 FPS - ZombieMod, Deathrun, MiniGames, etc (Fun stuff, no presision aiming)
500 FPS - Rotation, GunGame, etc (Basic pubs)
1000 FPS - Professional/Scrim Servers (techinically you don't need more than 500 still).

My 2 cents.
when they changed over to the tf2 engine all of them are 66tick if its says 100tick its forced witch is actually more laggy then 66tick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts