Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I would have it now, I have the cash(well my dad owes me), but my dad isnt paying me. Seems we have no money in the "hl2 fund"

ARGH

have fun for me

·
Registered
112 Posts
Purchased silver package today through Steam.

CS Source is pretty good from what I've played so far. Aiming is a little different but the new source engine is definately a big change from the classic.

Well gonna have to get use to it. Ill still play 1.6 though.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Nice screenies, what resolution/settings are you running, and what are the fps?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the res was 1280x1024. The graphics were on the highest. And i was gettin about 15-20fps. I dont play on the high settings because i lag to much. i just wanted the screen shots to look good.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockaygoalie10

i just wanted the screen shots to look good.

LOL and they do look good. I am just gonna wait till the game comes out in stores. I have waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I don't feel like using all the download Steam crap package super duper gold platinum whatever the hell thing they call it. LOL

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

LOL and they do look good. I am just gonna wait till the game comes out in stores. I have waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I don't feel like using all the download Steam crap package super duper gold platinum whatever the hell thing they call it. LOL

Are you allowed to burn it? Once you download it... and my oh my does that look sexy...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i know what you mean. im not sure when its goin to come out in stores thou. It will only take like 2 hours yo download the hole game. it only cost 50 bucks for source and halflife 2

You can burn it but no-1 will be able to play it. cause steam has it so if your account didnt buy it, it cant play it.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
What i want to know is why the hell couldnt they make the game look like that when they made counter strike, i mean first counter strike then the steam 1.6 version then condition zero, now counter strike source hmm i begining to wonder personally, the same game only different sprites, models,maps and so forth they are making a killing just using one game i mean honestly why couldnt they be more open and not so damn money hungry and just make a decent update patch instead of charging for the same game with upgrades, If you ask me, piss on valve. Just my honest opinion.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by |2A|N

What i want to know is why the hell couldnt they make the game look like that when they made counter strike, i mean first counter strike then the steam 1.6 version then condition zero, now counter strike source hmm i begining to wonder personally, the same game only different sprites, models,maps and so forth they are making a killing just using one game i mean honestly why couldnt they be more open and not so damn money hungry and just make a decent update patch instead of charging for the same game with upgrades, If you ask me, piss on valve. Just my honest opinion.

Well first off, its not the same game. it may look like it thou "it was intended to ". CS:Source is running on a totally new game engine. Its the same game engine as half-life 2 is running off of. It took them a while to make it. And again its not the same game.....

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

like the other guy said... diff engine and ****... also... what you speak of is what hollywood has been doing for decades... what is the last original movie you saw... but dont talk **** about harry potter.... or ill kill ya

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

ya i know what you mean. im not sure when its goin to come out in stores thou. It will only take like 2 hours yo download the hole game. it only cost 50 bucks for source and halflife 2

You can burn it but no-1 will be able to play it. cause steam has it so if your account didnt buy it, it cant play it.

Well thats fine... I wanted to see if I would be able to have it on CD in case of a reformat...

·
Banned
145 Posts
I've been playing CSS for a couple of weeks now. Been very fun to play

I have only played de_dust so far as the rest of my maps are playing up. I have to wait until the maps are released onto a website so I can download them and overwrite the ones that are playing up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have been playin CSS beta. And they just took beta away. So if you dont have the fulll version you cant play it.

Has any-1 played cs_office yet. man it is so awesome. Theres so much to talk about. But i wont ruin the surprise.

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Well i started playing cs when it first came out in retail over 4 years ago, and i was moreless refering to the condition zero changes which is on the same engine, valve could have integrated it into cs 1.6 if they wanted to but instead they wanted to make it a seperate game and charge for it all over again, now i know cs source is on a different engine, i just think they are money hungry when they could have integrated CZ into CS is all im saying instead of charging money for it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Well i started playing cs when it first came out in retail over 4 years ago, and i was moreless refering to the condition zero changes which is on the same engine, valve could have integrated it into cs 1.6 if they wanted to but instead they wanted to make it a seperate game and charge for it all over again, now i know cs source is on a different engine, i just think they are money hungry when they could have integrated CZ into CS is all im saying instead of charging money for it.

Ya i know what you mean. LOL , they are money hungry. I wonder how much Money they have gottn for all of the counter strike merchandise. Im thinkin alot..

·
Overclockiit
3,425 Posts
Quote:

Ya i know what you mean. LOL , they are money hungry. I wonder how much Money they have gottn for all of the counter strike merchandise. Im thinkin alot..

Yeah im sure they have made a killing on all there stuff i mean CS is a great game but the cheaters gotta go thats why i stopped playing it after 4 years, that brings up another subject i bet valve makes more money off banning accounts for cheating than anything else hahaha poor cheaters

1 - 20 of 57 Posts