Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to build my first rig, so I made a checklist of all the things I need to buy... I have a couple of questions before I go out and get everything:

1) Do I need to buy a thermometer for measuring CPU/case temperature, or does that already come with the motherboard? (Asus P5B Deluxe)

2) Does anyone know if the Tuniq Tower 120 cooler is safe? I'm a bit worried that with all that weight, the mobo will get bent or something over time.

Thanks very much!
-EJ

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilJoe View Post
I'm planning to build my first rig, so I made a checklist of all the things I need to buy... I have a couple of questions before I go out and buy everything:

1) Do I need to buy a thermometer for measuring CPU/case temperature, or does that already come with the motherboard? (Asus P5B Deluxe)

2) Does anyone know if the Tuniq Tower 120 cooler is safe? I'm a bit worried that with all that weight, the mobo will get bent or something over time.

Thanks very much!
-EJ
There are temp sensors built into the motherboard. It will provide temps for your CPU, chipset, and PWM. The heatsink is safe... haven't ever heard of anyone's mobo snapping in half. Just be careful if you transport or move your system a lot.

• Rep+
Reactions: EvilJoe

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Haven heard any thing about a Tuniq breaking off but I have heard about TT BT VX falling off.

• Rep+
Reactions: EvilJoe
1 - 4 of 4 Posts