Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. how do i clean algea on resever, radiator and waterblock?

2. how long does the silver coil last?

3. where do i buy very good silver coil?

·
Registered
129 Posts
1) Are you sure it's algae (green) and not just calcium (white)? It is quite a tough job let me tell you... If you can, replace the tubes with new ones. Open your blocks and reservoir if you can and start scrubbing with soap and water. You may also use vinegar for a better clean, you might not be able to remove all of the stains, especially with the radiators, you just have to do your best by manually rinsing out the system. When finished use distilled water to rinse everything to remove the charge.

Here is a good tutorial on how to clean your loop.

2) I'm not sure, but if you have algae then it doesn't seem to be doing a good job... I would recommend buying anti-algae at your local pet store and just add about a tablespoon to your loop.

3) Online?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyman0319 View Post

1. how do i clean algea on resever, radiator and waterblock?
2. how long does the silver coil last?
3. where do i buy very good silver coil?
1. Hydrogen peroxide, find at your local 99 Cents store.
2. A very long time, should outlast you and I.
3. Sidewinder Computers.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
1. Vinegar in the reservoir and let it sit a couple days with a little shaking and it will sparkle. For the radiator just run some water through it to clean out any extra flux. Waterblocks the same.

2. Pretty much forever and it just sits in the reservoir and does it's job.

3. Jewelery store but it has to be 99% silver and no alloys. Sidewinders, Performance-pcs, Frozenpcs, xoxide.com, bunch of places
smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts