·
Bulk it up with Cabbage
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can my system run GTA 5 @ 180 FPS

My System:

FYI - Very New to PC building

Windows 8.1
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA RGB LGA1151 DDR4 5-Way Optimization ATX Motherboard with DisplayPort HDMI M.2 SATA USB 3.1
Intel Core i7‑6700K 4.0Ghz overclocked to 4.2-4.5Ghz Using AI suite 3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® GTX 1080 TI 11GB OC Edition Graphics Card (Upgraded from GTX 950 last week)
Corsair HXi Series, HX1000i
Noctua NH-U9S with a pushpull system implemented. 3 intake and 1 exhaust fan. (I don't remember sizes on all of these sorry)

Since I upgraded to the new GPU I have had some serious issues. First thing I ran into is my battery backup needed to be upgraded. From 425 to 1500.

The current issue I am having is GPU program Tweak 2 is crashing my system. I can reinstall drivers, and get it to work, but freezing and crashing and errors on boot-up are currently making me go bald faster than anticipated.

I am planning on running MSI afterburner when I get home later today and fiddle with my machine.

My main questions here are what software should I be running to OC this machine, or is it even worth it to Overclock?
I had to delete all tweak related items from the registries to remove it in safe mode. /punch myself in the @#$%@#$ @#$% @#$ $# @
Now what, is MSI Afterburner going to do it for me?
Lastly I am a total newb to overclocking, and will read all I can about it; however, can someone save me time and direct me to a comprehensive guide on how to properly overclock?

Thanks in advance, and shout out to TwoCables for showing me this awesome place.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
If Tweak 2 is crashing your system then purge it from your system. Overclocking is worth it, just know that you probably won't be able to overclock the GPU's memory much, and that GTX 1080 Ti's usually max out in the 1900 MHz range. Afterburner is one of the best, most developed, and most reliable softwares for GPU overclocking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts