Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Yeah you should be able to bend it back
Just get a well lighted area and a maginifying glass if you have one, and a set of tweezers and take it real slow and careful and it should be fine

·
Overclockiit
3,429 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supernickdude

Ok I just got a cpu off of ebay... and ONE little pin is slightly bent... should I try and return it or try and carefully bend it back? I dont want to F up my first cpu...

Ive bent one of my pins in half by accident one time and i just bent it back you should be ok

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
hah! that's nothin' I ripped two of my pins completely out because the freakin heatsink was so badly stuck to the processor. I managed to get some really low gauge, solid copper wire and make little replacement pins until I decide if I want to make a warranty claim or not
maybe increasing the resistance on those two pins is what makes this chip overclock so much

EDIT: errm high gauge aka thin wire...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks guys I bent it back using a led-less mechanical pensil (got the idea off some random other forum) thanks! It's in good now! now to wait for my arctic silver then try and put my fan on and crap :-D

·
Overclockiit
3,429 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

hah! that's nothin' I ripped two of my pins completely out because the freakin heatsink was so badly stuck to the processor. I managed to get some really low gauge, solid copper wire and make little replacement pins until I decide if I want to make a warranty claim or not
maybe increasing the resistance on those two pins is what makes this chip overclock so much

EDIT: errm high gauge aka thin wire...

ROFL

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well I've heard AS5 doesn't stick as much which would be nice...that Athlon 64's have such a huge heatspeader though I'd imagen even the white silicon crap creates somesort of seal and it sticks to it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.