Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, simple question. My understanding is the inlet should be in the middle of the block and the outlet on the outer side. If I have them backwards how much worse will my temps be? I'm loading at 70c at 3.8ghz which seems a bit high to me but just making sure if that could cause it or not.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Depends on the block, but most usually have the center hole as being the inlet.

For your block, the center hole is the inlet as shown in the manual (PDF).

• Rep+
Reactions: hardly

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleTech View Post
Depends on the block, but most usually have the center hole as being the inlet.

For your block, the center hole is the inlet as shown in the manual (PDF).
Well I definitely have it backwards then lol. How big of a difference will I see if I change it to the way it should be?

Right now idles are around per core and about 65-70c full load per core running linx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah 70 sounds high to me... I would recommend switching the tubes. I made the same mistake when I set up my WC and as I recall my temps dropped at least a few degrees when I swiched it up. Pain in the ass, I know

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I have to RMA my pump because it apparently likes to be stupid and only work when it wants to so I will probably go ahead and switch everything once I take everything apart.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You should switch it as most blocks are configured to maximize turbulence in the water flow so that it makes the most contact with the block and extracts the largest thermal load. That is why you see pins, slots, or pegs in most high end blocks. By reversing the flow you *may* cause laminar flow to certain parts of the block and decrease efficiency of heat transfer in those areas. My guess is that at the end of the day, I doubt it makes a major difference in temps so you are probably fine until you have a chance to get your new pump and switch everything up. I wouldn't expect more than 1c or 2c difference if any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts