Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted before about my CPU and Graphics card ect. I was wondering if there was a bottleneck between my gpu and cpu. Could my Pentium 4 3.0 (OC at 3.4GhZ) Decrease performance on my 7600gt?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
can you send us a link to the AM3?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I scored:

GFX:7,659
CPU:5,896

Aquamark score:46,428

That right for my setup?
Only i wondered because i was having trouble on certain games where there is a high ammount of particles, i seem to get major fps drops. e.g explosions, firefights.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
How many background programs were running? Also have you optimized your windows by disabling unececary services etc.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Check this out, its part1 with a link to part 2 at the end http://www.overclock.net/faqs/36430-...zer-guide.html.
Also are you using the latest drivers from nvidia? If not I recommend you get them with driver cleaner, and uninstall, then use driver cleaner in safe mode, and install the new drivers. UIf you do have the latest drivers, then try a reinstall the same way mentioned above. Sometimes, and it just happened to me, the drivers installation gets corrupt, and a reinstall fixes this.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i have to hand it to you vwgti. I installed that driver you gave me and it worked? i dont believe it how iv been trying for years to ease the problem and it was a driver problem! thank you dude.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
what u scoring now on am3

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ummm I do not think you should compare an opteron with a pentium 4. Especially if its a northwood. While Prescott has L1 Cache 16 the opteron has 128 which a big difference. Also northwood has only 8. Also if both the opteron thas has 11 multiplier and the P4 that has 15 have the same speed that measn the FSB of the opteron will be greaten than the P4 and result making the whole system run faster. Even of I am not familiar I think an opteron should be compared to a xeon and a pentium to an athon due to the difference of silicon quality or something >>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts