Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should a prescott 478pin 3.2 gh w/ht core volt be?
i am getting a reading of 1.376v is this to high? if its to high how can i lower it.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingy

what should a prescott 478pin 3.2 gh w/ht core volt be?
i am getting a reading of 1.376v is this to high? if its to high how can i lower it.

no, thats about what the stock levels are. you can safely go to 1.5v. 1.525 max if your cooling can support the temps.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Actually the max limit you would want is 1.7 (as told by Taeric). I have my Pentium 4 running at 1.57volts.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wudaddy

Actually the max limit you would want is 1.7 (as told by Taeric). I have my Pentium 4 running at 1.57volts.

1.7 volts works just fine with Northwoods, but you don't want to exceed 1.525 volts on Prescotts unless you have really good cooling.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulie

heya...got a [email protected] and i've just oc'd it to 3500(external freq 171,vcore 1,600) wut are my odds? it's booting normally and i see no problems 4 now....

As long as your load temperature stays under 55C, you're in good shape. With good temps, you still have another 0.1 volts, which can make a big difference.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
It is best to start a new thread for questions

As for your answer at that voltage there is a possibility that it will operate, however I would expect the voltage to be nearer to 1.7v for it to be totally stable. Run Prime95 to check that it is fully stable

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I got from 2.66Ghz to 3.5 with stock voltage but even at 3.3Ghz i had to add a little vcore for it to be stable, its now running like stock (but faster
)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts