Overclock.net banner

CPU Duct!!!!

657 6
My new case has a CPU duct on the side panel but it does not line up with my Nforce2 CPU socket. I can mod it to work but would I be better off just to put a decent 80mm fan as in intake (where the built in CPU duct was)? I have a 80mm blowhole and a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust. Also my power supply has a 120mm fan exhausting.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiztidPOPS

My new case has a CPU duct on the side panel but it does not line up with my Nforce2 CPU socket. I can mod it to work but would I be better off just to put a decent 80mm fan as in intake (where the built in CPU duct was)? I have a 80mm blowhole and a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust. Also my power supply has a 120mm fan exhausting.

Hi TwiztidPOPS,

I had the same problem with one of my cases for my daughter. I left the duct off and let the 80mm fan just blow into the case. You might want to think about placing a filter over it and the other intake fans, if you haven't already done so.
Post back if you want to know where to buy filters or have other questions...

I hoped this helped, :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.