Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the asus- p4p800e-deluxe mobo and when ever i turn my computer on, the automatic voice thing says " Cpu Fan Failed" but my Bt is spinning.

So i go to the hardware monitor in the Bios, and i check @ what rpm the fans are spinning at and i see that the bt, and my other fan are red. I think its red because both of those fans are under 1800 rpm. Could that be the reason its saying "Cpu Fan Failed"

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Ya that could be it, if you can see it spinning I would just disable the warning.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Does it Bootup? If so, there isnt much a problem then.. You could try to reset your cmos if that helps. =)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fan is clearly spinning...either that or im f |_| < K e d in the head...

Another question- When i overclock using Asus's Ai Booster, it puts the ram down, so its not on a 1:1 ratio. How can i get the same overclock, but keep the ram up too speed with the proc?

Im only overclocked to 5% because its a new cpu, and the temps are high.Anyways, its 210 *15 which means that if i were to put the ram 1:1, it would run at 420Mhz... Can i do this, or is it risky? I have no cooling over the ram, but the sticks are geil, and have blue heatspreaders on them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
the overclock you will have to do manually through bios and not use the ai booster.

as for the cpu fan go into bios and change the cpu configurations and disable the cpu fan option.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did.. the voice thing is now disabled.

As for the overclock, I use Ai Booster in bios, not the windows version. But my question is Is it safe to run my memory @ 210Mhz?

·
Registered
639 Posts
if you have pc3200 then it shouldnt be much of a problem to oc it a little although the timings will probably change. what specific ram do you have?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by savageice99

if you have pc3200 then it shouldnt be much of a problem to oc it a little although the timings will probably change. what specific ram do you have?

This is the stuff i bought Geil Pc3200

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
ThAt's decent RAM--I find i can OC my Corsair Value Ram about 217 before it gets flaky--underclocking your RAm and OCing the CPU is still yielding big performance increases--part of the trick OCing to the max is keeping the RAM in it's "happy place" while OCing the piss outta everything else--another option is to install RAM with a higher speed--then 1:1 would be more feasible

·
Registered
639 Posts
this is what one review on it said: "the ram to 233mhz at 3.10.6.6 timings, and 2.8volts. But I was not able to benchmark it at that speed." you want to run them at 210mhz, that is a HUGE diff. I dont see why there would be a problem. I say yes go ahead and if you really want to be safe benchmark em

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would install faster ram, but that would require a Ddr2 capable motherboard, and i dont feel like spending money

Thats how it works right? ddr2 = Pc4000 and up? and Pc4000 = faster ram...

So your saying you think it will be ok @ 210... thats 420mhz( im sure you know this ) but iv'e never tweaked with the memory settings..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
no you can get pc 4000 in regular ddr i looked around on the site that you bought your geil from and they have pc4000 although the timings may not be a good as the ram you have now the timings on my hyperx 4000 is 3-4-4-8

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So putting in something like This would slow down if i were to use it in my mobo, but since its meant to run @ 533mhz, it would be ok to overclock it to w/e my fsb is???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.