Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I was going to record GTA V for my YouTube channel and OBS kept saying High CPU usage which means in simple terms my CPU isn't good enough.
So I was wondering what CPU I need to get that is under $110 to record GTA V.

My CPU:
AMD FX-4100

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
FX8350, depending if your mobo supports this CPU.
Also the amount of ram you have plays a big factor.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNerd02 View Post

One day I was going to record GTA V for my YouTube channel and OBS kept saying High CPU usage which means in simple terms my CPU isn't good enough.
So I was wondering what CPU I need to get that is under $110 to record GTA V.

My CPU:
AMD FX-4100
OBS uses x264 to encode. x264 alone, tends to use 100% CPU. It can use any number of cores you throw at it. If you to 8 core, your performance in recording, will roughly double. But depending on how fast you feed it video and how much quality you want this video to be, you may still have high CPU usage and this will be normal. The important is to have smooth experience. I don't know if it's possible, but also putting the OBS encoder to lower priority (in task manager), may help a bit. But FX8 core even at 4Ghz is very good in x264 encoding. It's equivalent to Skylake i5 6600 at that.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNerd02 View Post

I have 8gb of ram and an MSI 970a G43 MOBO right now.
In that case get an 8320E. That motherboard is barely good enough for any 8xxx cpu. As long as it is an E-type and is left stock it should be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts