Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ppl.

I'm having some kind of trouble when I try to rise my CPU Frequency from 200mhz to 225+ without changing PCI-E freq. Is this normal?
I was able to rise it till 220 without changing PCI-E Frequency from the default (100mhz) but to push it to 220+ it or more i have to change pci-e freq to 105-115.
In fact, my configuration in this moment is CPU FREQ 230 but i had to change my pci-e freq to 115.
I read that changing pci-e freq to 104+ can warm the graphic card..

INTEL DUAL CORE D920 2.8GHZ
MSI 945PL NEO
2x1GB DDR2 @ 533MHZ
ATI RADEON X1600 PRO

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The only reason i had to up my PCI-E Frequency was because i OCed my Graphics card Slightly higher than the mobo liked and i had all these black lines in my display, i upped the PCI-E frequency to 105 and it re-stabilized.

like i have said in many of my other posts, i am new to this and i am not an expert, i could be completely wrong

PS: Go here and fill in your system stats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by h0thead132 View Post
The only reason i had to up my PCI-E Frequency was because i OCed my Graphics card Slightly higher than the mobo liked and i had all these black lines in my display, i upped the PCI-E frequency to 105 and it re-stabilized.

like i have said in many of my other posts, i am new to this and i am not an expert, i could be completely wrong

PS: Go here and fill in your system stats
Thanks mate.

More replies are welcome =)

·
Perfection @ 4GHz
2,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpowered
View Post

Hi there ppl.

I'm having some kind of trouble when I try to rise my CPU Frequency from 200mhz to 225+ without changing PCI-E freq. Is this normal?
I was able to rise it till 220 without changing PCI-E Frequency from the default (100mhz) but to push it to 220+ it or more i have to change pci-e freq to 105-115.
In fact, my configuration in this moment is CPU FREQ 230 but i had to change my pci-e freq to 115.
I read that changing pci-e freq to 104+ can warm the graphic card..

INTEL DUAL CORE D920 2.8GHZ
MSI 945PL NEO
2x1GB DDR2 @ 533MHZ
ATI RADEON X1600 PRO

Xpowered, to my knowledge, usually one should keep PCIE Freq fixed to 100 when test overclocking.

But some people, maybe for graphics card related stability need to raise PCIE a little ranging from 101-110 (usually between 101-105)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts