Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new heat sink for my Phenom II x4 955. Some people say the other one i was thinking of wasn't so good so does anyone have any ideas? Preferably looking for 1 around 40$ on newegg and has pre-applied thermal paste. Dosent really need the thermal paste pre-applied but it would be nice
biggrin.gif
Also the type of socket on my MOBO is AM3 and current Idle temp is about 42C and under stability test load (100% on all cores) is 59C with stock heat sink. Was looking to get it to about 50C under load. Ty in advance.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
sub 40 ur lookin at the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. It is the very best cooler in that price range. You will find it highly suggested on this forum. I dont know if it comes with pre applied TIM (thermal interface material).

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Why's everyone recommending the 212+ for... $40!? (It actually costs $30 by the way)

For less than $30 (by a few cents, but still) you can get a better heatsink than the 212+...

Sunbeam Twister 120

Two fans for the same price and a more efficient 3 heatpipe design (better than 4 for centering reasons).

Stop senselessly recommending the 212+ just because it's popular, have a look at Newegg's 120MM heatsink list choices. You could spend $37 shipped or so for the 212+ and that extra fan, or you could spend $30 shipped and get better performance to begin with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts