Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i have a problem! my cpu is being annoyingly loud when i play WoW after five minutes. its fan runs 6000 rpm and its stable around 40c to 42c. The thing is i believe its not a very high temperatute for a cpu but i am not sure why it makes this horrible sound. Could it be my psu? do i need more power? i am getting game crashes once in a while and disconnects from the internet. my +12v is at 15amps PSU speaking i run a Nvdia 6600 GT and im not sure this whole disconnects and the loud CPU is a problem caused by PSU. Plz let me know what u think. i suck at computes and this is my first build... Thank u in advance

And btw its an AMD venice 3200+ in the box i bought it brand new and it says "ultra quiet technology"...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mixinbwp

ok. i have a problem! my cpu is being annoyingly loud when i play WoW after five minutes. its fan runs 6000 rpm and its stable around 40c to 42c. The thing is i believe its not a very high temperatute for a cpu but i am not sure why it makes this horrible sound. Could it be my psu? do i need more power? i am getting game crashes once in a while and disconnects from the internet. my +12v is at 15amps PSU speaking i run a Nvdia 6600 GT and im not sure this whole disconnects and the loud CPU is a problem caused by PSU. Plz let me know what u think. i suck at computes and this is my first build... Thank u in advance

And btw its an AMD venice 3200+ in the box i bought it brand new and it says "ultra quiet technology"...

take the side pannel off and make sure its comming from ur cpu not ur videocards fan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i just did and i found out that the cpu is incredibly loud as well as the gpu's fan and the gpu is making a weak sounds kinda like dying...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
how old is the computer? and has it been cleaned. if not then id takeit to a computer store get it cleaned out or if u have a air compressure use that. second what your PSU wattage, thridly what kind of loud noise is the cpus fan making

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
When your using SLi and a venice processor, your gonna need a new PSU. The one you have isnt going to cut it. You need an SLi compatible PSU, I would get this best bang for the buck period. Has adjustable fan controler, and the modular design is iceing on the cake

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ven been adviced to not use dual GPU's if im using the crappy PSU but u think after i buy a compatible SLI GPU the fans will cool off and make less sounds? because sometimes i like to leave my computer turned on for downloads and i cant sleep LOL thanks very much everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts