81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,172 Posts
Well yiou made my ignore list.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My heart will always be devoted to my old Q6600.
Running the cpu alongside a Zalman CNPS 7700 AlCu, on an P5K Asus motherboard.

The heat caused by running the chip on air at almost 1.5v for 3.7/3.8Ghz, bent the motherboard pcb around the socket.
It degraded so fast, that even after changing the motherboards, i would not overclock past 3.2/3.3Ghz anymore, at any given voltage.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,756 Posts
Ehh.. not entirely sure, but had an 8700K that ran 5GHz at fixed 1.325v for 6 months, then it required 1.376v to maintain same overclock. It's possible a BIOS or stress test change could have changed the criteria, but various attempts to resume stability of 5GHz at 1.325v was not possible. IO/SA was also at 1.25v for 4266MHz RAM overclock.

• Rep+
Reactions: o1dschoo1

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
My heart will always be devoted to my old Q6600.
Running the cpu alongside a Zalman CNPS 7700 AlCu, on an P5K Asus motherboard.

The heat caused by running the chip on air at almost 1.5v for 3.7/3.8Ghz, bent the motherboard pcb around the socket.
It degraded so fast, that even after changing the motherboards, i would not overclock past 3.2/3.3Ghz anymore, at any given voltage.
Nowadays I take pride of my Q6600 entire story, it started it life as new in UK, and it was delivered to me undamaged even as used.
Ten years later, I did switch to Q9650 ( This came from Latvia used and also undamaged), and my Q6600 still undamaged and ready to be used at another system.

When 3DMARK starts paying money (Top scores awards), then I will not have a problem making an racing PC to serve just for races.

Q9650 power consumption stays reasonable up to 3.19GHz (an CPU with much higher count of internal transistors in comparison to Q6600).
Now I am going to lock it at 3.15GHz and it will be happy and healthy for ever (all voltages default, C1 state enabled and controlled by ASUS EPU-6 Engine software.
System idle ..........................1970 MHz / 0,944 Core voltage.
Medium power saving ... 2956 MHz / 1.160V
High performance .......... 3005 MHz / 1.256V
Turbo mode ..................... 3153 MHz / 1.256V

Its step automatically selected according CPU usage.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Nowadays I take pride of my Q6600 entire story, it started it life as new in UK, and it was delivered to me undamaged even as used.
Ten years later, I did switch to Q9650 ( This came from Latvia used and also undamaged), and my Q6600 still undamaged and ready to be used at another system.

When 3DMARK starts paying money (Top scores awards), then I will not have a problem making an racing PC to serve just for races.

Q9650 power consumption stays reasonable up to 3.19GHz (an CPU with much higher count of internal transistors in comparison to Q6600).
Now I am going to lock it at 3.15GHz and it will be happy and healthy for ever (all voltages default, C1 state enabled and controlled by ASUS EPU-6 Engine software.
System idle ..........................1970 MHz / 0,944 Core voltage.
Medium power saving ... 2956 MHz / 1.160V
High performance .......... 3005 MHz / 1.256V
Turbo mode ..................... 3153 MHz / 1.256V

Its step automatically selected according CPU usage.

View attachment 2515844
So this is why you dont believe in electro migration. You run stock voltages where it would take well over 20 years for that thing to even degrade to the point of being unstable. Your cpu has 3.6 if not 3.8 in it. Doesnt seem like a bad chip at all.

·
Registered
928 Posts
So this is why you dont believe in electro migration.
This is a fancy name and wrong selected as description.
Overload and fire of power cable of your own winter heater of 2000W, why it does not called as electro migration? and it is still called as burned copper wire due over-current.
CPU's they are regular electronic components, equal to a light bulb, never connect an 12V light bulb at 24V, it will die.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
This is a fancy name and wrong selected as description.
Overload and fire of power cable of your own winter heater of 2000W, why it does not called as electro migration? and it is still called as burned copper wire due over-current.
CPU's they are regular electronic components, equal to a light bulb, never connect an 12V light bulb at 24V, it will die.
Lmao. You are talking double the voltage not .4 more than stock. There is a huge difference. Slap a cpu with double the vcore and i guarantee its burnt. There is a huge difference between blatantly overvolting and burning traces and .2-.3v overvolt causing a cpu to degrade. Electromigration is where the trace is still there but the atoms arnt in line due to overcurrent making them move. Its scientifically proven.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
They dont teach this stuff in electrical engineering as you wont be designing cpus from scratch. You need a bit more than a electrical engineering degree to design a cpu . I dont think you understand how a microprocessor noir overclocking and overvolting works. Beyond that you talking about burnt wires its still voltage death which cements my points. Too much voltage will cause the line to degrade or die

·
Registered
928 Posts
They dont teach this stuff in electrical engineering as you wont be designing cpus from scratch. You need a bit more than a electrical engineering degree to design a cpu . I dont think you understand how a microprocessor noir overclocking and overvolting works. Beyond that you talking about burnt wires its still voltage death which cements my points. Too much voltage will cause the line to degrade or die
Get ready for shipping your 100$ bill, and I will deliver, in private lessons.
Every one here wastes 20$ with pleasure for a stupid DC fan, and not a Cent so to buy knowledge.
Stop wasting my time and register your self to a private school as every one else.
How many thousands dollars some one has to spent in the USA so to graduate even as Electrician Helper?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Get ready for shipping your 100$ bill, and I will deliver, in private lessons.
Every one here wastes 20$ with pleasure for a stupid DC fan, and not a Cent so to buy knowledge.
Stop wasting my time and register your self to a private school as every one else.
How many thousands dollars some one has to spent in the USA so to graduate even as Electrician Helper?
So you are trying to contradict what you said before? What caused the line to break? Was it too much voltage aka voltage degradation or death?

·
Registered
928 Posts
So you are trying to contradict what you said before? What caused the line to break? Was it too much voltage aka voltage degradation or death?
You better stick to topics that you have the upper hand, corn - potatoes - tractors - tube amps.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
You better stick to topics that you have the upper hand, corn - potatoes - tractors - tube amps.
Lmao so you cant actually give logical proof that im wrong. You gotta resort to degrading someone. You are probably some 13 year old kid still on the tit.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts