Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey quick question perferably from someone who has done this.

my asus has a 2.13 ghz P7450 and i was wondering if the 2.4 ghz P8600 would even be a noticable upgrade, what about the 2.53 ghz P8??? with 3mb cache, and what about the 2.53 ghz P9??? wit 6mb cache.

i don't think the 2.53ghz ones could justify the 350 ish price but if im wrong correct me.

i'm also think even the 2.4ghz couldn't justify the 219 price.

please leave me some info

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so they both use the Socket P?

what it the wattage on the one you got?

Any notice in change of battery life or heat?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
nope no noticeable upgrade. unless it was upgrade from pxxxx to txxxx

In reality upgrading a cpu on laptop is pretty high tech stuff. So i wouldn't really mess with it. Plus the processors are crazy expensive.

I would just stick with what you have since it is a pretty nice processor in the first place.

the p series intell duo core cpu's use less wattage. So if you were to upgrade the cpu. You might see a more of a power draw thus increasing the drain on your battery.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have the QX9300. It's a quad core mobile processor. 12MB Cache, 2.53HGz. The upgrade really isn't that bad. It took about 2 hours, plus, I got some as5 on it. As far as battery life, maybe it's a little bit worse, but by about 5%. I upgraded to SSD's at the same time, so that may have offset the decrease somewhat. I think the TDP is 35W on this puppy
EDIT: Yep, it's 45W

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilraver018
View Post

no the processor hes talking about is a quad core mobile processor. Which kind of confuses me due to how was he able to upgrade a p intell processor to a quad??

and yes there will be a bigger battery drain with the qx installed. 44 watt tdp vs 25 tdp

sorry double post....

no prob

thanks for the info wasn't really planning on up grading just checking it out.

so would the QX9300 even work in mine or not got a little confused

just check ebay and the cheapest i saw was like 600

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guess its cheaper cause it comes right from the manufacture the guy lives in china. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by samfreese
View Post

I have the QX9300. It's a quad core mobile processor. 12MB Cache, 2.53HGz. The upgrade really isn't that bad. It took about 2 hours, plus, I got some as5 on it. As far as battery life, maybe it's a little bit worse, but by about 5%. I upgraded to SSD's at the same time, so that may have offset the decrease somewhat. I think the TDP is 35W on this puppy
EDIT: Yep, it's 45W

might have to get it if its going to give me 2.53 hugs my now gives me 0

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by samfreese
View Post

Yep. I paid 250 for the processor(it had a couple surface scratches, so he sold it DIRRRTTTT cheap), and I paid $15 extra to upgrade the shipping to UPS. He shipped it on friday, I got it on Wednesday

sounds like a great deal you got

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.