Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a system with E7300+Foxconn Mars mobo+OCZ Vanquisher cooler with IC Diamond applied.

The E7300's VID is 1.225V I have it OCed to 3.2Ghz with about 1.27V

Now when I open Core Temp, the temp is usually 45-47 for one core and 35-37 for the other one. And when I monitor the temp with the Foxconn Mars utility software Aegis Panel, it will display CPU temp around 30(only 1 temp, don't know how to see temps for both core)

I'm wondering if anyone else have similar problem that the mobo utility will show a very different temp compare to Core temp.. and which temp should I trust?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nardox
View Post

I have a system with E7300+Foxconn Mars mobo+OCZ Vanquisher cooler with IC Diamond applied.

The E7300's VID is 1.225V I have it OCed to 3.2Ghz with about 1.27V

Now when I open Core Temp, the temp is usually 45-47 for one core and 35-37 for the other one. And when I monitor the temp with the Foxconn Mars utility software Aegis Panel, it will display CPU temp around 30(only 1 temp, don't know how to see temps for both core)

I'm wondering if anyone else have similar problem that the mobo utility will show a very different temp compare to Core temp.. and which temp should I trust?

The mobo utility isn't displaying the temperatures of the cores, it is displaying the temperature of the IHS (The internal Heat Spreader or in other words the metal actually attached the top of the CPU) the "core temperature" in RealTemp/CoreTemp is what you need to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get the same result with real temp like the one I get with core temp.....10 degree C difference between the 2 cores, is that normal?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nardox View Post
I get the same result with real temp like the one I get with core temp.....10 degree C difference between the 2 cores, is that normal?
I see about a 10C difference under load from my first core to my last. It is pretty normal, and nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure what exactly causes it, could be because of several different things like; heatsink pressure, how well or if the chip is is lapped, fan types etc.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbates1244
View Post

I see about a 10C difference under load from my first core to my last. It is pretty normal, and nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure what exactly causes it, could be because of several different things like; heatsink pressure, how well or if the chip is is lapped, fan types etc.

I will reapply the thermalpaste some time and see how that will work

now I'm just mad that a 45nm dual core with 1.27v runs hotter than my Q6600 OCed to 3.2Ghz with 1.29v........

·
Registered
521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nardox
View Post

I will reapply the thermalpaste some time and see how that will work

now I'm just mad that a 45nm dual core with 1.27v runs hotter than my Q6600 OCed to 3.2Ghz with 1.29v........

If that is the case the you are probably right to reapply the thermal paste, as that problem is probably a heatsink mounting issue. Apply a small rice sized amount of Thermal paste and see how that works for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.