Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cpu temp seems a bit high.. under load it gets to like 50 ish, and when it isnt its 40-45. wondering if its just a ****ty piece fan ?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's a socket A barton running around 1.6 volts. It's not a tad high, it's how hot it should be. Don't mind it, those are average temps, but to get better temps use some as5.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard

It's a socket A barton running around 1.6 volts. It's not a tad high, it's how hot it should be. Don't mind it, those are average temps, but to get better temps use some as5.

mkay. would fans do much? i recently noticed i dont have one on the rear to suck air out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by es-squared

mkay. would fans do much? i recently noticed i dont have one on the rear to suck air out.

Yes...especially if you arent liquid cooled

Standard setup is FRONT and/or SIDE intake(s), and REAR and/or TOP exhaust(s).

I personally run (2) 80mm front intakes, (2) 80mm side intakes, 1 for CPU, 1 for vidcard, and (1) 120mm rear exhaust. Not to mention the 120mm and 80mm exhausts on my PSU...(well, they are intakes for the PSU technically, but function as case exhausts too.) ...not to mention the dual 80mm fans on my CPU.

Plus I'm seriously considering adding a top case exhaust...

Heat = BAD

Fans = Airflow(if positioned properly
)

Airflow = GOOD

Liquid Cooling = BETTER

But as a previous poster said...those cores run in that range. I have an old socket A sempron 2800+ that runs 51C @ 2GHz even WITH a front intake, side intake, and exhaust

·
Administrator
64,376 Posts
Thats a little high to be honest even if it is a Athlon as they do Run a little hot...I would reccomend getting a better cooling method and getting some AS5 thermal compound. Also make sure you HSF is fully seated on your CPU.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So im ordering a TT Volcano, other than this is there any other small things i could do to lower temps? also gna be getting an exhaust

also is the fan on the side on my case suposed to be blowing air into the comp or out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts