Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway my rig is the one in my sig. I just moved my equipment into a new 800d case that I modified the bottom of two fite a 240mm radiator.

Anyway on POST I can't get past the CPU, I have tried both my 980x and my 920. I tried the stock cooler as well as my HF supreme.

Of the few times I tried it posted once and it froze in BIOS.

Edit: Ive tried 2 different PSUs already.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
check all connections make sure your motherboard is grounded on the standoffs, Make sure no psu connectors are being overloaded by to much power draw from to many components plugged in.

Sata cables, psu cables, cmos reset, pci-e cables, 24pin, 8/4pin cpu connection all tight and plugged in?

switch the ram stick around and try different slots.

That is the routine i will go through when trying to diagnose my post problems.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilraver018;12005182
check all connections make sure your motherboard is grounded on the standoffs, Make sure no psu connectors are being overloaded by to much power draw from to many components plugged in.

Sata cables, psu cables, cmos reset, pci-e cables, 24pin, 8/4pin cpu connection all tight and plugged in?

switch the ram stick around and try different slots.

That is the routine i will go through when trying to diagnose my post problems.
I'm not sure, but since the only thing I changed was the case I am guessing that the motherboard is some how not properly mounted to the case, ill try taking it and remounting on my lunch break.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by koooowweeee;12007206
ye i was thinking the mobo is touching the case and shorting it or something. did all the bios setting save when you unplugged it all?
Well, I have already cleared the cmos at this point lol.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Either your mobo is touching the metal on the case somewhere or you have molex connectors not plugged into it somewhere.

Just remember that the ONLY thing the back of your mobo should be touching, EVER, is the little brass standoffs. If it's even close to making contact with the metal on the backplate then you risk sparking it.

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex;12007527
Either your mobo is touching the metal on the case somewhere or you have molex connectors not plugged into it somewhere.

Just remember that the ONLY thing the back of your mobo should be touching, EVER, is the little brass standoffs. If it's even close to making contact with the metal on the backplate then you risk sparking it.
Yeah, I agree this really has to be it, thanks +rep!

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reseated fixed

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
glad your sorted. nothing worse than messing with your computer then it does not work. feel like kicking it sometimes lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts