Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys . I have this problem i can't get rid of !!

Every single time i start CPU-Z , i get a blue screen with the error BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER or SYSTEM_SEVICE_EXCEPTION ooooooooooooorrrrrr PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA .

I tought : It's because of the mechanical keyboard . A friend had this error with his G15 . But it's not . I tried with a PS/2 keyboard and it's the same .

And here comes the strange part : If i put my ram in SINGLE channel , all problems dissappear .

But i don't want to have them in single channel , cause they should be in DUAL !! I don't think the performance's the same either .

How the hell can i get rid of this crap ?

I've been trying to solve this problem forever , but nobody seems to help me .

Please help me .

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
CPUz is probably trying to access a bad part of your memory. Try to run Memtest and see if it errors.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madalin
View Post

I'm now trying it . Thank you .

Seems that all you need is an interesting thread title

My initial thought was "pics?".

But i figured I would help instead.

·
Perfection @ 4GHz
2,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madalin
View Post

I'm now trying it . Thank you .

Seems that all you need is an interesting thread title

madalin, you might be right about getting hits from an outrageous yet misleading title...

About the rams, have you tried testing each RAM individually?

If RAM A by itself run no problem, try do the same with RAM B and see.

Also, the problem exist could be that you need to set more voltage(s) for DRAM and/or North Bridge.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Sounds like your overclock is unstable.

And/or if you booted into Windows while your ram was unstable, you may have corrupted something in the OS. That's why it's advisable to run Memtest before booting into Windows while testing an overclock.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Code:
Code:
CPU-Z causes a general protection fault, or freezes my system, or causes a blue screen.
edit cpuz.ini, and replace:
DMI=1
Sensor=1
SMBus=1
Display=1
UseDisplayAPI=1

with:

DMI=0
Sensor=0
SMBus=0
Display=0
UseDisplayAPI=0

Then run cpu-z again. If it works, restore the "1" one by one, until the problem occurs again. Then send an email and mentioning which "1" is responsible.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Scroll down to FAQ

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So , i ran memtest . It ran without problems .

Then i did what I_Am_A_Noob said .

It seems the part i need to change is SMBus . It it's on 0 it opens . If it's on 1 it BSODs ..

It's just strange , cause SMBus is related to memory , and memtest ran without problems ..

Oh , and i have no OC at the moment . I put everything back at stock and it still does the same .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts